Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: The web client does not open the zenon project...

Default The web client does not open the zenon project...

Hello!

I read the manual of the zenon web server and I tried to open the zenon runtime from a web client via intranet and it worked properly.

But the problem is when I want to see the project via a browser in the internet, while there is no connection between PCs but internet.

On the server PC I have the runtime of the project, the zenon web server and the IIS which serves the index file as the first page.

On the webclient I can open the index page with entering the IP address of the server, I can download the zenon web client but when it wants to open the zenon runtime it gives an error.

I think the main problem is that, in the glabal-vars file I have typed the serverís name and the serverís name cannot be known from a web client. I entered the IP address of the server instead of the server name, but it didnít work.

I donít know how to solve the problemÖ

Thank you in advance,
    Shahrzad

Default Re: The web client does not open the zenon project...

maybe you could check if not only port 80 (for displaying the web page through IIS) but also port 1102 (for the webserver) is open on the server connected to the internet? If there is a port forwarding configured for the website, this might also need to be configured e.g. in the firewall or the initial PC connected to the internet, for the webserver, port 1102.

Since the webserver is started, the port 1102 is active. I checked it in the command prompt.

Attached is the error on the web client, while the net is active in the project and "do not generate and transfer" settings are not active.

Dont you think there is a problem with the net settings in the project?
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error on the client.JPG  

did you check to get a connection to port 1102 through the internet using the IP-Address (e.g. in the command prompt: telnet ip-address 1102)

It does work correctly in the intranet, so there usually is nothing wrong with the project.

Do you see the client attempting to connect through the internet in the CEL of the runtime?

Do you see this client in the control panel of the webserver when trying to connect?

Please also make sure, that the name-resolution is working correctly from the computer where the webserver is installed to the computer where the runtime is running, and vice-versa.

Thank you, yes, the problem was from the port 1102.

Now I can open the project without that error.

But the new problem is that when I open the project from a web client (Internet), the numerical elements have blue square.

generally blue squares mean, that the client or webclient does not have a connection to the server. Perhaps the server is not running (anymore)? Does it still work when you start the webclient in the intranet? (it also uses the webserver to connect to the server)

Hello,
    I have the same problem with connection between web client PC and runtime server.
    Did you solve problem with blue square?
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by andrzejplonka View Post
    Hello,
    I have the same problem with connection between web client PC and runtime server.
    Did you solve problem with blue square?
    Andre
    Hi Andre,

Unforunately not yet. When I try to open zenon runtime from different client PCs, I face different problems.
    -One client PC shows the runtime with blue squares.
    -One other does not open the runtime and it gives an error
    -Two others start opening Microsoft Office instead of zenon runtime. )

But the project in Intranet is working properly.

regarding the issue with the blue points:

There is something incorrect in your network configuration. You can try to analyze this problem by viewing the log-files from the webclient using the diagnosis viewer.

What you need:

- a network connection from the PC with the webclient to the PC with the webserver, on tcp port "1102"
    - full name resolution in the network from the PC with the webclient to the PC with the webserver
    - a network connection from the PC with the zenon webserver to the PC with the zenon runtime server (port 1100 and 1101)
    - full name resolution in the network between the PC with the webserver and the PC with the zenon runtime server
    - to have the zenon runtime running, with a serverproject.
    - to have the zenon webserver running (note, that in demo-mode the webserver does not start automatically and is time-limited to 30 minutes)
    - to have configured the parameters for the webclient correctly, in the appropriate globalvars.js or .htm file (with the NAME of the webserver and the runtime server (not IP)

regarding the "error when opening the runtime", please provide some more information about this error so we can help you!

regarding the issue with MS office, please disable VBA (in the zenon6.ini file, [VBA] EIN=0) on this webclient if you do not use it in your projects, or re-install VBA from the webserver DVD.

Hello,

By "full name resolution" you mean , computer name in host file?

Andre