Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Alarm Sounds

Reden Alarm Sounds

Hi,

I would like to play a continuous wav file when any alarm in a group has alarmed. I have done this by a function, but when the alarm is acknowledged or there is no alarms present in that group I would like to turn the wav file off.

Graham

Default Re: Alarm Sounds

The number of alarms, the number of acknowledged alarms and the number of unacknowledged alarms are available as variables from the system driver. Using e.g. the variable "unacknowledged alarms" with a limit, or with a reaction matrix, you can start and stop the sound through the functions "sound beep" and "sound beep finish"

If you want to have this information per group / per class, take a look at the alarm areas.

Hello!

I attached function "play sound continiously" and "stop playing sound" to the system variable "unacknowledged alarms" using reaction matrix. Everything is is working well if the project is not networked (standalone SCADA). But if the project is networked (client/server) like in my case, I can't get any sound from the client or server machine. Is there any slution for this problem?
    I am using Zenon EE 6.22 client and server.

Gregor

Default AW: Alarm Sounds

Hello!

How did you attach the file to the zenon project? In the project tree there is a point called files. There you can add different file types, which belong then to the zenon project.
    Supported audio files: .wav, .mp3, .mpeg, .avi.

If you have saved the sound file somewhere on your mashine, you have to ensure that this file also exists (same path) on the other maschine. Otherwise zenon can not find the file and will not play it.

Best regards
    Bernhard

the calculation and processing of limits, and reaction matrix, takes place on the server.

At the function, you can define where this function should be executed. The default setting "current PC" means that the function is executed on the PC where the function is triggered. In this case it would mean that the function is called through a reaction matrix on the server.

Only if the checkbox for the network is active, you can define where to execute the function. In this case you could try and set the option "client". However this means that it will be executed on all clients.

At function definition under Execution I checked the check box at Client at now I get the alarm sounds on Client machine.

Thank you for the help and best regards,

Gregor