Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: faceplate

Default faceplate

hello
    I want to create a faceplate in zenon like the faceplate that are found in PCS7
    for example once clicking on a variable in runtime a form(the same form for all variables) is shown having the Low Low limit, low limit, high limit , high high limit of this variable and these limits could be changed, and enabled or disabled .
    have anyone worked with such thing .

Default Re: faceplate

May I ask what you exactly mean with "low limit" and "low low limit" resp. "high limit" and "high high limit"?

In zenon you can create a picture of the type "keyboard" in it's own template (popup window) and either specify a predefined name for this picture, e.g. "setvaluekbd" which will then be opened for all set value actions, or specify a user defined name for this picture, and set at the element in the picture where the variable is linked, which keyboard picture should be opened for setting values (zenon 6.22).

At the template you can specify, where the picture, relative to the element, should be opened.

In this picture you can add default keyboard control elements, but also variables from the system driver, like "lower limit for setting values" and "upper limit for setting values".

Additionally, at the variable itself you can link internal variables which can provide a dynamic set value range, or at a limit at the variable (e.g. to generate an alarm or execute a function when a specific value is reached) you can link internal variables to provide a dynamic limit.

Using the functionality to have one popup picture, and replace the linked variables in this picture (substitution) you can also achieve one popup picture where these values can be changed.

I hope this is somewhat understandable and helps!

Hello Mark,
    What i mean by High high ,and high limit is : consider that i have a variable in my PLC a temperature reading for example T0 ,T0 has a high warning level and an alarm level, a high linit = warning level , a high high limit means an alarm.
    Do you have any example of the above?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziadrached View Post
    Hello Mark,
    What i mean by High high ,and high limit is : consider that i have a variable in my PLC a temperature reading for example T0 ,T0 has a high warning level and an alarm level, a high linit = warning level , a high high limit means an alarm.

Do you have any example of the above?

Thanks
    let me add that the warning levels and the alarm levels are to be managed in the PLC and not in zenon.

in the case that the alarm levels and the warning levels are managed in the PLC, you would have in total 5 variables in zenon. (most likely automatically created through the Step7 Import mechanism in the zenon editor)

You would create for your temperature variable four limits in total. Two "minimum" and two "maximum" limits.

At the limits itself you would link the appropriate variable from the PLC in order for this limit to become a dynamic limit.

At each limit you can specify if it should be in the alarm list, or (also) in the CEL (audit trail), you can specify attributes (like color, flashing, visibility) which you can use e.g. in your picture to colorize elements. Also at the limits, you can link an alarm group (e.g. for a machine type) and an alarm class (warning, alarm, etc)

If the variable names are chosen clever, (e.g. temp_sensor[1], temp_sensor_low_low[1], temp_sensor_low[1] etc.) you could use an easy subsitution string for your popup picture. In this case to display temperature sensor 2 instead of temperature sensor 1, you can use the following substitution rule "Replace *1* with 2".

Also if you have an array of variables, you can replace array indizes through a third internal (or PLC) variable which specifies which index will be shown. So if the variable contains the value 14, you can configure at the picture switch function to replace temp[1] by temp[{X01}] where X01 is the value of the third variable.

Hello Mark ,
    Well I was able to do what i want ,but I used VBA to create a function that gets the variable name with its limits and update them when necessary .
    I have some additional questions hope that you can help me .
    Well when running my application my output window gives me the following messages:
    "
    password.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    rezepturen.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    fpm.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    msgctrl.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    project.ini
    project.mdb File will not be overwritten!
    "
    Well is this a demo restriction? , "because i havent received my license yet!!! "
    and i dont know if these above messages will cause me problems with user login because im not able to login ; when I enter password and user it gives me "invalid user identification" although the same user is created in the Users menu.

And how can i call the login window from vba?

one more question i forgot about
    when opening alarm, CEL ... is their a way to open directly with one of the already saved profiles, so not everytime i open the Alarm window i have to manually select my profile.

May I ask why you want to call the login mask through VBA?

The reason that you can not login, is due to the fact that the "passwort.cmp" is not compiled. Please check in the general section of the project properties the option "rt changeable data". The checkbox for the user administration must be unchecked, in order to compile (but also overwrite!) the user administration.

in 6.22, it is not yet possilbe to access the runtime profiles.

However, you could create multiple picture-switch functions to the CEL or alarm picture, and put these on buttons. You can specifiy different filter settings for the runtime, at each function.

By using e.g. the combo-listbox in the runtime, you would be able to select the "profile" (and in the background, execute the function which matches the filter settings)

Hallo ziadrached

"
    password.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    rezepturen.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    fpm.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    msgctrl.cmp File will not be overwritten!
    project.ini
    project.mdb File will not be overwritten!
    "
    this messages have nothing to do with the demo version. if you take a look in the zenon editor you will find in our projekt "Property/General/RT changealbe data/.
    Now deactivate all "Do not generate and transfer" The messages will disappear
    Open this settings an click help. You will find answer about this