Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: IEC 101 Spontaneous offline buffered vs Spontaneous

Default IEC 101 Spontaneous offline buffered vs Spontaneous

Hi,
    I have a problem in Zenon Logic on IEC 101 Slave profile.
    This is my problem: if I use Spontaneous without buffering in 101 Slave mapping, no data arrives to the Master!!!

I mapped all variables I want to send to the Master.

In Profile -> IEC 101 Slave I added variables as follow:

variable_1 IOA=100 TID=31, TRFS= (4) Spontaneous offline bufferd SOE=Any change
    variable_2 IOA=101 TID=31, TRFS= (4) Spontaneous offline bufferd SOE=Any change
    variable_3 IOA=100 TID=30, TRFS= (4) Spontaneous offline bufferd SOE=Any change

Using previous configuration, all variables are sent to the master correctly.
    I have a very amount of variables to be passed toward 101 Master. At the startup, after General Interrogation, Master needs many time to receive all data.

So I want to disable variables buffering to gain more time at the startup.
    I converted variables profile as follow (T30 and T31 are not supported in 101 normative, so I used Time Tag instead CP56 format):

variable_1 IOA=100 TID=2, TRFS= (0) Spontaneous SOE=Inactive
    variable_2 IOA=101 TID=2, TRFS= (0) Spontaneous SOE=Inactive
    variable_3 IOA=100 TID=4, TRFS= (4) Spontaneous offline bufferd SOE=Any change

In this case, no values are received from 101 Master! Only variable_3 is received from the Master.

Could somebody help me??
    Steven Costantini

Default Re: IEC 101 Spontaneous offline buffered vs Spontaneous

Do you want to use 'offline-buffering' or 'SOE'? These are two different features...
    More details you may find in Help for zenon process gateway IEC870Slave. The help for Logic contains less details, sorry. Both products are using the same stack.

Offline-buffering is feature we made similar to buffering in IEC61850 protocol - during connection loss the slave buffers events in memory and when master reconnects and requests GI - the slave starts to transfer all buffered events like "normal" events. Precondition: the data must have full time information - CP56Time2a - and not only minutes and seconds like in short 'time tag'.

SOE procedures are defined in the Standard - with activated SOE during connection loss the slave stores event data in files. After reconnect the master may acquire these files. If you are not using SOE let the setting on default value (inactive). As these files have date&time stamps you may use SOE for data with short 'time tag' too.

The slave supports all Type IDs for -101 and -104, it doesn't matter. If you like to use offline buffering on 101 then make sure that your 101 master also accepts full time tags data.

What you mean with "received from 101 Master"? The slave from master may receive commands. You cannot buffer commands.

Hi Ursula,
    I used a wrong word. I meant that the master doesn't receive anithing from the slave (from slave to master).
    Now i understood what is spontaneous offline buffered.
    If I don't want to use the "buffering", I have to check "Spontaneous" in zenon logic.Using this configuration, master doesn't receive any data (using T02 and T04).
    Steven Costantini

maybe it receives and only does not show because has it with wrong timestamp (in the past or future).
    When you set for TRFS=0 'spontaneous' the TID=1 (or TID=3) - no time stamp? When TID=30 / 31?
    If these data the master receives than it probably simply decodes short time tags wrong or your slave and master are in two different time zone of daylight saving settings.