Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Iec61850 client - too much connection

Default Iec61850 client - too much connection

Hi,
    I have a problem in zenon logic using a iec61850 client.
    I have this driver in the project, with ten connections to RTUs, all equals (only difference is the ip address).
    In total the project has 10000 variables.
    Problem is very strange. After the startup, only few RTUs are connected to the driver, other remain in "connecting mode". If i reboot zenon logic project, other RTUs are connected, different from the RTUs connected before the rebooting.
    I think this problem occurs because there are to much connections and zenon logic doesn't manage all data.
    If i turn off all rtus, then turn on only one in the network, zenon logic reaches immediately it.
    Do you have any solution?
    I can't create two istance of zenon logic. One one project is allowed.
    Other information: i have monitored ConnectionState variables in zenon logic. RTUs connected have ConnectionState = 65538 (integer value)
    RTUs non connected, instead - ConnectionState = 2. So in all cases, all RTUs are connected in tcp/ip but RTUs with ConnectionState equal to 2 doesn't communicate in 61850.
    I need your help, zenon logic is getting me in much troubles.

Default Re: Iec61850 client - too much connection

>ten connections to RTUs, all equals (only difference is the ip address).
    I hope these ten connections are using different ‚Server ID‘ setting, and not only different IP. The ‘Server ID’ number must be unique - different per each connection. The described behavior looks like conflict on Server ID or timing problem.

>In total the project has 10000 variables.
    How many variables are in Reports? By this quantity of variables you have to acquire most variables via Reporting or set 'polling rate' slow.

In Logic all not reported variables are polled all the time. So the driver, in period defined in ‘polling rate’, tries to actively read from RTUs these variables, which the RTU is not delivering spontaneously - not via URCB, nor BRCB. You may try to set ‘polling rate’ longer, e.g. 60s. Only if then it works - you may try to set shorter.

Unlike in zenon, in zenon Logic all variables are always “advised”, so the driver has to deliver updates of whole data, and it polls it all the time...

In IEC61850 driver make sure that you have configured the use of RCBs delivering data (variables) you are using in your project.
    And remove from your project variables you do not need.

If there is no suitable RCBs on the RTU and possible to reconfigure RTUs - then configure these RTUs to deliver the data you need - in Data Sets linked by RCBs. This demands changes in CID-file of devices and upload into RTUs.

> RTUs connected have ConnectionState = 65538
    This is when OK - is bit 1 and 16 - means that TCP connection is established (bit 1) and MMS is associated (bit 16). IEC61850 protocol uses MMS and MMS protocol uses TCP. So when connection starts: first TCP is established, then MMS associated (client checks on device the data model, it can take long), then driver enables RCBs and you have working connection.

> RTUs non connected, instead - ConnectionState = 2
    This is when it was possible to open TCP socket but the association on MMS is not completed. Maybe driver is too busy polling other connections to continue this one or RTU is not reacting correctly.

If this problem is not caused by missing use of reporting then a Wireshark sniff could be helpful.

I solved modifing RTU software. It wasn't optimized. In particular: in old rtu software I mapped all signals ( a very amount of stuff), now I mapped only signals I have to use in Zenon Logic.

Hi,
    Ok great, thank you for your feedback !