Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Zenon 7.2 with new build

yara Gast

Default Zenon 7.2 with new build

Hello support,

For one of our project, zenon 7.20 is using with DNP3 master to integrate with GE RTU and read data ( digital inputs outputs and analog inputs), we had issue of reading correct analog data from GE RTU, and our engineer sent you about this problem, and COAPA data sent him this build to solve the issue (SCADA720SP0Build26116), and after he installed the build, reading alanlog inputs form GE issue has been solved, but another problem came : we are not able to send control command to the breakers and if we remove the build control is working fine.....

Default Re: Zenon 7.2 with new build

Hi Yara,

Perhaps you can provide some more details regarding what exactly is no longer working?

Does this concern binary outputs (Control relay output block) or analog outputs?

Are you using direct operate, direct operate no ack, or select before operate?

With binary outputs, are you using pulse ON, latch on / latch off, or trip/break?

Are you writing variables directly through an element or a write set value function, or are you using command processing?

Best regards,
    Mark

Also, are you using secure authentication? If so, SAv2 or SAv5? And if so, with aggressive mode enabled?

yara Gast

Hello support ,
    It is binary outputs which is not excuting any more after we installed the build i mentioned before.
    We are using using direct operate.
    With binary outputs, we are using pulse ON
    We are writing variables directly through an element
    We are not using secure authentication.

AGAIN! control command was working fine but after we instaaled the build problem came.

Thanks in advamce for your support

Hi Yara,

Thanks for the feedback. I can confirm that in general, binary outputs are working with the DNP3_TG driver in version 7.20 build 26116. (verified also specifically with direct operate, pulse on)

You are using an USINT datatype for the binary output variable and are writing the value "1", to initiate a PULSE ON ?

To analyze further why this is not working in your case, it is probably best to contact your local COPA-DATA support representative.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Yara,

Which DNP3 driver you are using (DNP332, DNP3_NG, DPN3_TG)?
    Also, in which build are commands are still working?

Best regards,
    Mark

yara Gast

We are using DNP3_TG..
    But even using IEC61850 to integrate with relays we are not able to send control comand open and close after istalling the build mentioned obove.

yara, if you are skipping answers on key questions then how we could help you

I can assure you that in 7.20 the commands on all drivers, so also DNP3_TG and IEC850, are working fine. Were thoroughly tested by us and they are in use by many customers. So this is probably some configuration issue in your project, e.g. in Command Processing or maybe some unusual coincidence of conditions. We need more info as "it was working and in 7.20 does not work" .

If you don't like to answer questions on public, then please send to your local Support:
    - description what are you using to trigger a command (screen element, set value function, command processing)
    - description what happens when you are trying to send a command
    - the project backup
    - names of affected variables and name of screen
    - best - using DiagViewer - turn on full logging for DNP3_TG /iec850 driver and attached to email also LOG-file (on Forum there are threads with more info how to do this).
    Last edited by ursulak : 6th June 2016 at 07:41

Hi yara,

Thanks for the feedback. Right away, I don't have any further ideas of what may cause this with your configuration / project. As mentioned before, it's probably best to contact your local COPA-DATA support representative trough the official support channel to get further assistance in analyzing and resolving this issue.

Best regards,
    Mark

yara Gast

Quote Originally Posted by ursulak View Post
    yara, if you are skipping answers on key questions then how we could help you

I can assure you that in 7.20 the commands on all drivers, so also DNP3_TG and IEC850, are working fine. Were thoroughly tested by us and they are in use by many customers. So this is probably some configuration issue in your project, e.g. in Command Processing or maybe some unusual coincidence of conditions. We need more info as "it was working and in 7.20 does not work" .

If you don't like to answer questions on public, then please send to your local Support:
    - description what are you using to trigger a command (screen element, set value function, command processing)
    - description what happens when you are trying to send a command
    - the project backup
    - names of affected variables and name of screen
    - best - using DiagViewer - turn on full logging for DNP3_TG /iec850 driver and attached to email also LOG-file (on Forum there are threads with more info how to do this).
    I thing that i have seriose problem here and I dont know why i have to try to skipp the answers????!!!!! very strange answer from your side????!!!!

control comand is working fine with 7.20 but after we istalled the build mention above, problem started.....

thank you for ur nice way supporting us !!!!