Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Zenon logic download

Default Zenon logic download

Hi,

I'm using the demo of version 7.5 and created a simple logic in Zenon logic. I managed to run stratronrt in demo mode as well. but when I try to download the logics, I get an error and not able to start the engine too. the message is:

Download refused by the target [logic name].

StratronNG is the only driver in my logic. please let me know if I'm missing any settings before downloadin the application. I'm also able to go online with PLC,,,

Default Re: Zenon logic download

Quote Originally Posted by mashjj View Post
    Hi,

I'm using the demo of version 7.5 and created a simple logic in Zenon logic. I managed to run stratronrt in demo mode as well. but when I try to download the logics, I get an error and not able to start the engine too. the message is:

Download refused by the target [logic name].

StratronNG is the only driver in my logic. please let me know if I'm missing any settings before downloadin the application. I'm also able to go online with PLC,,,

is this a restriction on demo license?

Hello,

It seems you do not the right to access to the folder where the editor try to download the application.

Jerome

Hi Jerome,

thanks for the response,,,
    where is the download folder, is that same as project folder? how can I check my access to this folder?

Thanks,
    Mohammad

Hello,

You should use the zenon Logic Runtime Manager.

Jerome

Hi,

I'm really confused, this must be one of those simple things that is taking too long for me! can you please tell me what I need to do in zenon logic runtime manager?
    what I do is I click on new and give it a logic project path and save it. then I go to zenon logic and try download, but it still gives me the same message. can you please let me know what should be the logic project path?

please help,,,

Thanks,
    Mohammad

I can't understand what this paragraph is talking about. I can't find these parameters when I go to project setting!!!

A target is identified by a name. This name will be included in the built code and checked at runtime. In addition, you must specify the suffix of the file generated at build time that contains the downloaded code. Download is not possible if the suffix entered here does not match the one expected by the runtime.

the zenon Logic Runtime Manager is not a tool to download the Logic project. This is tool to start Logic Runtime. So it is a tool to use after you had already downloaded the Logic project - to start the Logic RT and run the right project.

To fast download the Logic project to some remote PC i'm preferring following method:
    1. include Logic project in zenon (empty) project
    2. in zenon configure for this project the setting: Runtime - 'Start type' - "start automatically" (instead default "start/stop automatically").
    3. transfer zenon Project to remote computer via 'Remote Transport' (do not forget to previously reconfigure 'RT changeable data' to transfer all files)
    4. start zenon Runtime on this remote PC, wait until it starts Logic and exit zenon.
    --> Logic Runtime runs and uses correct project.

After this you may update Logic project from Logic Workbench via on-line connection or from zenon via 'remote transport'.
    After PC restart you may start Logic Runtime via 'zenon Logic Runtime Manager' or by starting and exiting zenon Runtime.

Alternatively - if you want to work without 'remote transport' - then using 'zenon Logic Runtime Manager', you may start Logic RT without project - RT will start but will be stopped. Then you may on-line connect from WB and update it. But then probably Logic RT will use some "strange" directory for project data.

If you want to download the zenon logic project, you have to start zenon logic project launched with logic runtime manager, connect from zenon editor to it and download the application. Otherwise, download with remote transport entire project, which include also zenon logic, start application on the target and connect to it if tou want to download new one.