Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Zenon Web Client and Terminal Server 2012

Default Zenon Web Client and Terminal Server 2012

Hi there!
    I'm writing here because I've got a problem with Zenon WebClient.
    We have deployed Zenon in an AD Domain and the standard Domain user cannot install the Zenon WebClient on their pc for safety.
    The problem is that I can't go to all PC where people are using Zenon and Update Zenon WebClient every time, so I'm asking a suggestion:
    • Is there any command line arguments for Zenon WebClient installer so we can install them by Microsoft SCCM ? Usually via SCCM is installed an msi package, but webclient is present only as MSI. Is there a solution?
    • The second option is to use a Terminal Server (Windows 2012 R2 Build 9600), the problem is that when a user connect to the server via RDP Zenon Webclient recognize the machine name as the TS Server itselfs, so the first user who connects is able to open Zenon, the second cannot connect because the TS Server try to connect to the Master RT with the same Machine name. Is there a solution for this?

Can someone help me?
    Thanks and best regards
    Luca

____
    Zenon 7.50 Build 25796
    Zenon WebClient Pro 7.50 Build 25796

Default Re: Zenon Web Client and Terminal Server 2012

Hi Luca,

For the second topic, on the terminal server with the webclient installed, you need to register as terminal server using the startup tool.

This way the host name that initiated the RDP session is used by the webclient instead of the hostname of the Terminal Server.

When using a terminal server, the webclient would only be installed on the terminal server itself and not on the single PCs that use RDP to connect to the terminal server.

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank you for your reply Mark, as you can see in the image attached nothing changed.
    As you suggested me I've:
    1. Openend Startup Tool
    2. Pressed Terminal Server (and nothing seem happened)
    3. Restarted Zenon Web Server Pro

Is it correct that in the startup tool window I've got nothing shown?

Unfortunatly, even after all these operations I still see the TS Server name (DEP-012-P-ZNWSP)
    My Terminal server is a Windows 2012 R2
    Can I verify the settings in some way ?
    Thank you again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WebServer.png  
    Last edited by luca.bardon : 13th April 2016 at 10:27

Hi Luca,

Thanks for the screenshot. Indeed when there is no entry in the startup tool, the buttons for registering a version either as standard or terminal server, unfortunately do not do anything.

In this case, you would need to do the terminal server registration manually.

In the file "zenon6.ini" on the terminal server, locate the section "[TERMINAL]" (or create it when it does not yet exist) and make the following settings:

[TERMINAL]
    CLIENT=1
    SERIALIZE=1

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Mark thanks for your reply again. I don't know why but the zenon6.ini was not correctly modified by Startup tool. Maybe this could be an Issue and a fix is needed?
    By the way, edited the file and added the line you suggested me it start works. Only one thing. Do you think that webclient works if I use a single user for multi session login ?
    Thanks again for your precious help!
    Luca

Hi Luca,

Yes, that was what I was trying to say, that the startup tool has an issue that registration cannot be changed when there is no entry for the version due to the fact that only the webclient is installed. This needs to be looked at.

When you are using a terminal server, you cannot use the same domain / windows user for the RDP connection from different hosts, and use the webclient.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    thank you again for the help. I'm sure that in Windows 2008 R2 + Zenon Web Client 7.20 all my Webclient user connect to the same Windows account on the machine and it works. By the way, I've made a new configuration so all people of my domain can connect to the Terminal Server with their AD user and now all is working fine.
    If I Can suggest you this it would be appreciated to have a Zenon Web Client installer package via msi or with some commandline parameters so deploy of it in big infrastructure like ours (over 200 people) is more easy using Microsoft SCCM.
    Thanks again for you help
    Best regards
    Luca