Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Redundancy unhandle exception

Default Redundancy unhandle exception

Hi
    I have 02 runtime computer work redundancy type : software redundancy version 6.50 sp0 build 1.
    I worked almost 2 year without problem. But now it displayed unhandle exception warning. After that I can only run 1 of 2 computer. If I start 2 computer, the "unhandle exception" warning appear and cause 2 computer do not updated anything.
    I have to delete all file in standby computer and re-run the synchronization for standby computer again. But the error warning appear after 1 week.
    I delete all the runtime file in both computer and download again runtime file for data server, re-synchronization again for standby computer but the error appear after few days.

Could you give me a solution about it?

Brgds

Default Re: Redundancy unhandle exception

Hello,
    how about the Hardware System Parameters, means CPU, RAM, HDD
    Is the System healthy ?

Over the last two years could have been an amount of data collected which the System now is not able to handle anymore.
    Could be HDD is full, CPU under havy load or no RAM space given anymore

Hi
    The computers are window server 2003, ram 4GB. These HDD are 120GB spare.
    I checked the system condition while runtimes software running, all the condition are fine, CPU low load, Ram free 3GB...

Brgds.

Have you checked too against corrupt sectors on HDD or errors in RAM? When one PC destroys the data then the other PC - synchronized with corrupted files - can also go lost.

and by estimation of CPU load you have to take into account how many cores the CPU has. If it has e.g. 4 cores than the application using 0.8 x (100/4 ) --> 20% is running on a busy core.

"Have you checked too against corrupt sectors on HDD or errors in RAM? When one PC destroys the data then the other PC - synchronized with corrupted files - can also go lost."

But why I keep 1 of 2 PC work ( run PC1, turn off PC2 or run PC2 turn off PC1), it can work without problem. If one PC destroys the data, this PC should not work ?

Only if there is the Standby in Network the process Server is doing some additional operations. And maybe exactly for these operations the Server gets from Operating System some damaged resources. So please do the PC checks.

If you checked both PCs - that they for sure do not have any Hardware problems nor CPU overload on a core - then please contact your local COPA-DATA support. Typically the Standby Server is overloading the core as it has double work to do - it gets process data from the Server and from drivers too. So if you are writing that the second PC gets problems - the first thing what i'm suspecting will be too busy processor. Not the summary CPU, only one core where the zenonRT task is running.
    Last edited by ursulak : 22nd February 2016 at 16:52