Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: [CE6] Grafic File blocks Remote Transport

Default [CE6] Grafic File blocks Remote Transport

Hi friends,
    I have a problem during remote transport between zenon 7.20 and Windows CE 6 panel PC with runtime 7.20 installed in.

Situation:
    - i've done Update Windows CE Runtime (Option Menu)
    - now I need to download runtime, so compile project (no errors are present), in project property -> remote transport, I've written destination path for Runtime Folder and select all below cheboxes. Remote transport is ok, all files are trasmitted and I can start runtime.

Now, problem appears after first transport is done. When I Establish connection using remote transfer, transport process is blocked and doesn't transmit any file, ping command toward Windows CE panel doesn't respond (request failed) and I have to reboot pc to unlock remote transfer process.
    So, only first transfer works, consecutive test doesn't work.

Instead, if in project property -> remote transport I uncheck the checkboxe to download graphic files (second line in the table), transport process works every times.

It seems there are problems in graphic files.
    Someone could help me?

Default Re: [CE6] Grafic File blocks Remote Transport

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum

When you transport changed runtime files, remote transport checks which files need to be transported. Files that are identical on the target platform for example do not need to be transported again.

Certain files cannot be overwritten while the runtime is running. This happens for example to .PNG graphic files that are currently displayed in a zenon runtime screen.

Normally remote transport should just continue and only report an error message that this file could not be overwritten, when it was changed locally or when you transported all files.

The situation where remote transport does not transport any files and the PC with the editor needs to be rebooted to make things work again, I've not encountered before.

On one occasion I have seen a CE device that had a screensaver function. With the activation of the screensaver the device went into a power saving that caused issues when doing a remote transport. Runtime files ended up being corrupted.

When you transport runtime files while the runtime is not running, can you transport files multiple times including the graphics folder?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,
    thanks to your reply.
    On one occasion I have seen a CE device that had a screensaver function. With the activation of the screensaver the device went into a power saving that caused issues when doing a remote transport. Runtime files ended up being corrupted.
    Screensaver is not active so I think problem is more complex than planned.
    During these days I retried and, with another PC with Windows Embedded Compact 7 and with the same project, problem doesn't appear.
    I want to highlight that output windows of Zenon doesn't return any errors. I can see the folders should be download in PC and the process is blocked in this situation, no other rows about transferring process are displayed.

Hi Steven,

Before the first time a remote transport is successfully executed, does the device correctly respond to a ping?

If this is the case and the device no longer responds to a ping later on, this could also explain the behavior you observe, that the directories to be transported are displayed but then nothing happens. The editor basically thinks there still is a remote transport connection and attempts to transfer the files.

When you disconnect the remote transport connection in this situation and attempt to connect again and the connection no longer is successful, this should not have anything to do with the graphics folder.

Do you use the IP address of the device in remote transport and when executing a ping, or the host name? When using the host name, please verify that there is only one CE device with that host name in the network.

Best regards,
    Mark

Before the first time a remote transport is successfully executed, does the device correctly respond to a ping?
    Yes, before first transport panel responds to a ping. I said that ping, after first attempt, doesn't work, instead not every time ping doesn't respond, in many cases transport doesn't work but PC responds to a ping command.
    Do you use the IP address of the device in remote transport and when executing a ping, or the host name?
    I use IP address, no host name.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the further information. Right now, based on this information, I don't have any further ideas.

As this is not a general issue and also the issue does not seem to occur when you use a different CE panel, I would suggest to contact your local COPA-DATA support for them to help you sort out this issue in this particular configuration.

Best regards,
    Mark

Thanks!
    I thought issue could be caused by SOCKET or PORT between PC and Zenon.
    I said first time remote transport has succes, from the second time transport fails. It seems after first transport zenon (or PC) doesn't release socket (or port) used during remote transport, only rebooting pc remote transport works (release and restore socket or port connection).
    Is it possible this idea?

Hi Steven,

In General:

- multiple consecutive transfers of runtime files are possible using remote transport
    - after a remote transport disconnect it is possible to reconnect or connect to another host for remote transport

Finding out why this is not working in this particular case is easier through regular support than via the forum

Best regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi Steven,

In General:

- multiple consecutive transfers of runtime files are possible using remote transport
    - after a remote transport disconnect it is possible to reconnect or connect to another host for remote transport

Finding out why this is not working in this particular case is easier through regular support than via the forum

Best regards,
    Mark
    Hi, I want to reopen this thread. Today I realized new project with the same grafic files of the project of this thread. I could say problem is inside graphic files folder! There is something wrong in these files that blocks remote transport. Every files have .png extension. In many images I use trasparency during creation png file. Dimensions of the images are normal, form 2KB to 2000KB.
    I work around the problem transporting only for the first time graphic files and then uncheck in project properties -> remote transport second line, concern graphic files transport.
    I'm not satisfied of this solution so I need your help.
    Regarding

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Certain files cannot be overwritten while the runtime is running. This happens for example to .PNG graphic files that are currently displayed in a zenon runtime screen.

Normally remote transport should just continue and only report an error message that this file could not be overwritten, when it was changed locally or when you transported all files.
    Hi Steven,

When you close the runtime prior to transport, does the issue also occur?

The limitation that .png files are locked by Windows, unfortunately is something that we cannot do anything about.

Best regards,
    Mark