Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: converting from 5.5

Default converting from 5.5

I have to run an old runtime (5.5 i think) comunicating with Siemens S7 on a new PC with Windows7 Embedded Standard (with cp 5623 and driver for comunication with Siemens S7 )
    I installed zenon 6.51 (7.2 is too different from 5.5) on another PC, then opened Editor and v5.5 project,
    during converting process i have some messages:
    1) about "S7_NT.exe it can not be uploaded" (is it different in 6.51?)
    2)"limited direct access (check VBA Macro)"
    3)"InsertBinary server Error:-3Text:Error Insert Binary:'f7d19791-5bd3-4ef1-b7aa-02d4cbdb2628' File:"cannot restore!
    Then i have deactivate all check boxes in column "Do not generate and transfer",then compiled the project and changed the check box in the RT changeable data property back to the status before the conversion
    Are these steps correct? What i have to do now?
    Thanks

Default Re: converting from 5.5

Hi aleb5,

In fact it is possible to convert a zenon 5.50 project to the 7.20 version. For that you can convert the project first to 6.51 and than to 7.20.
    More information can be found in the zenon Online Help. Manual -> Project conversion -> Converting from version x to 7.20

Before a project conversion it is highly recommended to consult first the documentation topic Manual > Project conversion.

About the points:

1. Please check the S7_NT driver requirements at Drivers > S7_NT > Requirements > PC.

2. Since 6.22 version the direct variable access is no longer possible via VBA. More information at Manual > Project conversion > Converting from version x to 6.22 > VBA - Direct variable access via request is no longer possible.

3. I refer you to the documentation topic Manual > Project conversion > Converting from version X to version 6.51 > GUID for project conversion for version 5.50.

BR
    Last edited by stephanr : 25th September 2015 at 08:19

Quote Originally Posted by stephanr View Post
    1. Please check the S7_NT driver requirements at Drivers > S7_NT > Requirements > PC
    BR
    from Drivers > S7_NT > Requirements > PC
    "5. Requirements
    This chapter contains information on the requirements that are necessary for use of this driver.
    5.1 PC
    HARDWARE
    e.g. CP 5611, MPI interface, MPI cable.
    SOFTWARE
    Copy the driver file S7_NT.EXE to the current zenon directory (unless it is already there). Installation of the Siemens software:
     Install SIMATIC NET SOFTNET S7 (V6.0 or higher) without SIMATIC NCM PC/S7
     Install SIMATIC NET SCHLÜSSEL-DISK
     SIMATIC SOFTWARE STEP7 from 5.1 SP3 including NCM S7
    The following programs are required for setup: (Siemens)
     Startup assistant
     Configure PC station"
    i don t understand
    this is for communication between runtime and PLC is it? I had the error message about driver, during converting, with Editor

Hi aleb2,

The Simatic NET software is required by this driver in both the editor and the runtime.

On the editor side, it is needed in order to load and configure the driver. On the runtime side, the driver uses this software to establish communication. Please make sure that this software is installed on the system with the 7.20 editor where you are converting the project and also on the runtime system.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi aleb2

Fortunately I have enough experience in converting old version & S7_NT driver. If you would like please contact me for more information (by private messages)

Thanks

roberto1978
    I sent you an email