Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to check if an alarm is acknowledged or not?

craigdouglas Gast

Default How to check if an alarm is acknowledged or not?

For some of my elements I need the following logic (digital inputs):

• If the alarm is abnormal and unacknowledged then the element should be flashing red
    • If the alarm is normal and unacknowledged then element should be flashing green
    • If the alarm is abnormal and acknowledged then the element should be steady red
    • If the alarm is normal and acknowledged then the element should not be visible

Additionally, some of them should need to be deleted before they go invisible so that last point would become:

• If the alarm is normal and acknowledged but not deleted then the element should be green
    • If the alarm is normal and acknowledged and deleted then the element should not be visible

By using limit colours and element visibility I've been able to produce the flashing and colours successfully but when the alarm goes normal when unacknowledged it goes invisible.

How can I perform our required logic?

Best Regards
    Craig

Idee Re: How to check if an alarm is acknowledged or not?

For this purpose, you could use the alarm areas.

An alarm area offers a status variable, which shows information if there is an active alarm in the area, and if there is an unacknowledged alarm in this area. (bit 0 and bit 1) Also it offers variables with the amount of unacknowledged variables and the amount of active alarms in this area.

You can use these status variables e.g. with a formula in the combi-element to colorize or flash.

Or use the status variables in a variable from the mathematics driver, or in straton if you want to do the logic somewhere else, and not at the element.

For this, the alarm variable itself must be linked to a class. A new alarm area must be created, including an alarm area entry, where the class can be selected. Additionally, the defined alarm area should also be selected at the alarm variable itself, at "Alarm handling" in the properties window.

You can link status variables both at the alarm area, as well as at the alarm area entry (class specific). The status variables can be from the internal driver.

Unfortunately, the alarm area does not offer information about inactive alarms, which have been acknowledged but not deleted.

If each element should behave depending on the alarm status seperately, probably each variable (element) needs it's own alarm area and statusvariables.

Please also see the online help for more information on alarm classes