Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zenon and Windows CE 6.0

Default Zenon and Windows CE 6.0

Hello,
    I have recently been given a project with Zenon on a Beckhoff CP6201 with Windows CE 6.0.
    I transfered all the files, I cand remotely transfer the project and even start it, but after a restart the folder "Storage Card" is gone and I have to start SysSrvCE again and transfer the project. This is inadmissible in a factory, where power outages can occur quite often.
    I also tried Update CE from the Options menu, but I'm missing 2 dlls (DNP3_TG.dll and MtoM32.dll) so I can't do that either.
    Can you please give me some suggestions ? Thankyou !

louis.paglaiccetti Gast

Default Re: Zenon and Windows CE 6.0

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

This is actually not a problem with zenon, but rather a configuration issue with your device.The Windows CE devices commonly have a non-persistent storage area, where by if you make changes to Windows Settings, Registry, or File/Folders, they will be removed after the device restarts. While the device is running it will usually allow you to make changes, add files, folders, etc. but after a restart they will be removed.

You should contact the device manufacturer and find out how you can store files/folders so that they are remnant after a device restart. I am quite sure you can get helpful information from the device manufacturers website, forums, or support team.

louis.paglaiccetti Gast

Thank you very much !
    I managed to modify the zenon6.ini to look for the project on the CF card, so that it would not delete the project on restart and managed to put the .exe files in the autoexec.cmd and they run on startup.
    I however have another problem, with the project itself. The screen I'm working on has a 800x600 resolution. When I create a new project there is no option for this resolution, and the text looks distorted and unreadable. Also, it seems that gradient is not available, or the gradient color is black.

Thank you again, and if you can give me a solution to this problem I'd be most grateful !

Hello pardanschi,

You can configure the monitor resolution in the zenon Editor, so you can design your Project according to the resolution of the screen in which the Project will be running. You can find more info in the help: Manual -> Monitor administration
    [/COLOR]
    Regarding the gradient, you are right, in CE the Color gradient property is not available, color gradients can only be accomplished via brightness values. You can find more info in the help: Manual -> Screens -> Edit screen elements -> Graphic actions -> Color gradient and transparency

Best regards,
    Estefanía

Hello Estefania,

I tried setting the monitor resolution to 800x600 but it just scales down the whole project, and the text is simply unreadable. In the editor, it all seems fine, but when I transfer the project to the OP it's all messed up. I even tried different fonts and it's the same. I'll make some screenshots if that helps.