Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: not expected report enable

Default not expected report enable

Hi all
    what would be the reason when driver (61850) enables that report (usually unbufferd), which in not specified in RCB client? I'm watching the enabling process in diagnoseviewer and it enables non expected RCB. when another client will need to enable that report, it would be already busy.

Default Re: not expected report enable

I set the max. auto used URCBs to 0 and it helped I think, is it right or not?

Yes, the iec850 driver enables automatically URCBs according driver setting 'Max auto used URCBs'.

Per default the setting is > 0, so the driver checks automatically which URCBs are containing the data covering variables you've created in zenon project and enebles. The driver supports this option to make easier - for not advanced users - the setup of a system using from the beginning spontaneous communication (reporting).

For advanced users - already knowing which exactly URCBs the driver should use - we recommend to set 'Max auto used URCBs' = 0 and use only static 'RCB assignment'.

one more question if is it posible: if I download variables "RptEna" online, will it give me reliable information about is or not enabled report? I don't care by which client. and will it be trusty for both, bufferd and unfufferd reports?

yes and yes (these were two questions :-)

In addition, in newest zenon versions, the iec850 driver supports 'Connection state' variable having also information about RCB enabling failure. By process ('plc marker') variables you can check the COT (status bits) value - to see if value was received by polling (COT=1) or by reporting (COT=3).

for buffered reports it works good, but for unbuffered it shows only its own URCB to be enabled.

When in zenon a variable */RptEna[BR|RP] is created then it shows exactly the value the IED has. And it is not allowed that IED informs one client that the RptEna is 0 while this RCB is already enabled by another client. According the Standard when a client has enabled the RCB, then for all clients in system the IED should deliver RptEna=1. Is this IED conform with the Standard? Or maybe you created some RptEna variables not by online import but manually as copy with wrong Functional Constrain - BR. For URCBs the FC is RP.

The 'connection state' variable and COT value by variables is independent what eventually other clients in this system are doing. It depends only if the driver was able to enable all static assigned RCBs and if value for zenon variable was received by report.