Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Default user

Default Default user

Hello all.

I have two questions. They are linked.

First, I would like to have a combobox with the list of the users (and if another user is inserted, it must go automatically to the combobox). Is it possible?? How??

Second. The reason why I want this list is to select the default user. It means: if I have user1, user2, user3 and user4, and I select in my combobox user3. When I logout another user, the system must go to the user3 all the time. Do you understand it?? Is there any easy way to do it??

Thanks a lot.

Default Re: Default user

the system variable "Username" displays the current logged in user.
    -> if nobody is logged in (so a logout has been performed) this variable displays then the value "SYSTEM"

so you can create a Reactionmatrix (String) where you define the state with the value "SYSTEM" and link then the "Login without password" function (which makes a login for this default user3)

hint: dont forget to link the created Reactionmatrix to the systemvariable

regards,
    herbert

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

And how can I introduce all the actual users in a combobox??

Thanks

there is no standard functionality for this in zenon available yet (there exists already a requirement to have this feature in a future version available).

for now only the way via the zenon api is available here
    - via vba/vsta read out all users and dynamically fill the zenon element "Combo/List Box"

see help documentation at
    Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Objectmodel -> Passwords -> Passwords-Methods -> ItemUser

Manual -> Screens -> Screen elements -> Combo-/Listbox
    -> Dynamic combobox or list box

Please note that the zenon programming interface is not available for zenon Operater license.

So maybe it is a better idea here to type in the username (together with password) manually - furthermore doing so it is more secure as you must know the correct username and the correct passord together in order to login.

If you do not need login a user with a password at all you can directly use the element "Combo-/Listbox" where you preconfigure all users there and the link at each the given "Login without password" function

regards,
    herbert