Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 61850 report activation problem

Default 61850 report activation problem

Hi all

I have a problem in activation reports on some relays (SEL-411L). I'm watching the mms traffic in Wireshark, first it starts with standard initializing services, after all typical requests, it starts polling without requesting of report activation. if client started to activate report and server rejected, I would think that the problem was server, but the client even does not initiates to activate report. we have another client (RTAC), where it activates and working reports without problem. please help me determining what is the problem.

Default Re: 61850 report activation problem

basic check list:
    0. does the driver writes errors/warnings in LOG?

1. have you configured correct computer name (name of your PC with zenon Runtime; name without domain) in the driver configuration - property Hostname?

2. is the problem still there when you create the 'RCB assignment' by online import from IED: button New --> RCB Name - button [...]?

3. if the RCB is not in LLN0 - have you created in zenon at least one variable in the LN having RCBs?

4. are the RCBs free on relay or maybe still "in use" by another client?
    Note: one RCB can be used only by one client. When the relay did not notice the connection lost to RTAC (some devices need 2 hours to notice connection loss) then all RCBs used by RTAC are not available for anyone else. The iec850 driver is smart enough to check also this info in mms.reads by initialization and does not even try to enable (mms.write) the RCB.
    But it logs, logs...

thank you ursulap for your answer,

I've checked the diagnoseviewer and it says that RCB was not found,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	diagnose.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1695
    I'm selecting RCB online and it seems that reports are there.

Name:	driver.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1696

also on another relay have such problem, after successful enable of reports, some signals continuing polling. in datasets there are ''ST''s, and zenon polling "CO" of them, I'm adding in dataset "CO"s also, but it continues polling.

Name:	451.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1697
    Last edited by nikabena : 21st April 2015 at 13:24

The log shows that when driver requests from server the information about the RCB the sever does not deliver it. Hard to say why the server behaves like this - it shows RCB in data model but does not deliver RCB description.

But maybe in the meantime you played with 'Use Report ID' checkbox? The use of report Id is very general setting and must not be changed after RCBs are configured.
    Or maybe this relay has problem to use RCB names.

You can try following:
    1. delete from driver configuration these RCBs - left hostname but without RCBs.
    2. Then make sure the checkbox 'Use Report ID' is not activated and save configuration.
    3. reopen driver configuration and import RCBs from server.
    4. compile project and restart the Runtime (not reload).

when it does not help then do 1-4 again but this time activate 'Use Report ID'.

Even when you add CO data to a dataset on relay the reporting will not use this data. According the Standard the functional constrain CO is not allowed for reports!
    Data with FC=CO can be only polled (or written).

Please, before you make manual changes in SCL-files make sure you are making only valid changes. Not each validation tools are making all checks.
    You risk to produce the system which from time to time has inconsistent data. And it is not sure you will produce these circumstances and notice problems already during the tests. For example our IEC61850 Server's Stack allows - for test purpose - any FC in datasets. But a good system engineer will never use such definition for final system.

Actually the relay can protest when you change its icd-file in that way. But even when the relay does not protest, and even when (by some wonder *) it sends CO data not only in GI/integrity reports - the iec850 driver will not process CO data when comes in a report. To be conform with the Standard it must ignore not allowed dataset members and continue to poll.

*) For reporting not only RCB has trigger options, also by DA elements in data type definition the individual dchg or qchg items must be defined; else even when data attribute value changes there is no new report. Thus by manual changes in data set do not forget to also take look if particular data attributes have their trigger options which fit with trgOp in RCB.

Thank you ursulap, I found why client was not asking to the server anything about CFG (where are located my RCBs and datasets) block, because I had no variable from that block. so I added 1 variable and it trigerd that now client requests getvariableaccessatributes and than getnamelist.
    one more question: is it posible to set individual polling rate to some variables in one driver and how?

So the reason of problem was point 3 on my fist check list :-)

No, the driver uses for all data objects/attributes the same polling rate. Please note that driver polls only items for variables which are advised - so only for variables currently in use in the Runtime. Not used variables (on closed screens, without limits, not in ARX etc) are skipped.

What is your use-case?
    Last edited by ursulak : 24th April 2015 at 09:08