Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Report for a particular time period values

Default Report for a particular time period values

Hi,

I have archive which scans the variable every 30s and saving cycle every 1min. Using this archive settings, i have to generate report which displays values of 1 hour time period (e.g: if displays first value 6.30AM, i want the second value at 7.30AM). Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishnuteja

Default Re: Report for a particular time period values

Hello, configuration for report depends on the values you actually want to be displayed.

In your mentioned case of 30sec cyclic scan and 1 minute saving cycle you will have 120 values and 60 files in 1 hour. In the report screen you can filter for the desired time and you will see all 120 cycled values during the time from 6.30AM to 7.30AM. With the current archive settings.

If you only want to see the specific value from that variable on time 6.30AM and the next value for the variable on time 7.30AM then you have to change your saving time in the archive to 1 hour.

Or you create an aggregated archive with sum, average, maximum, minimum of the saved values. Means that all saved values will be aggregated to one. This aggregated value then can be displayed as well in the report for the desired time. Regarding aggregated archive see as well the online help: Manual -->Historian-->Defining aggregate archives

Hint: Concerning performance and data quantity it is not really common only to save two values in a file. It is recommended to increase the saving cycle. 1 minute is very short, As well as in aggregated archive the saving cycle is congruente to the scanning cycle of the "normal" archive.

BR
    TAH

Hello Tah,

In the aggregated archive i will be having sum,average,minimum,maximum of the saved values. But i want only the saved values. Please guide me, how does the aggregated archive will help me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishnuteja

Ok, so let me summarize, if I understand correctly... You do not need a sum, average, min or max of your value. You want to see the exact saved value at a specific time, i.e. at 6.30AM, and then the next exact value, which was saved at 7.30AM. All the other 118 values which have been saved during this hour you do not want to see? Only that both specific values, right? And do you want to see them in a trend or in a Report?

Yes you understood exactly my requirement. And I want to display values in reports

Hello tah,

Is it possible in the zenon?

Thanks & Regards,
    Vishnuteja

Dear Vishnuteja, sorry for the late reply.

Actually it is almost tricky to handle it with the archive configuration you have. Saving cycle on every minute. The filter on timestamp in Report Builder is almost static, not dynamic. The used dataset “Archive” is as well fixed and cannot be configured concerning the received values. And this is not really practicable to shown in a report.

In example: With your configuration you will get all 120 values into the report builder shown in a report on every minute. But now you have to configure timestamp parameters in Report Builder that finally shows only the exact value of 6.30AM and 7.30AM and hides all other values. Would be possible somehow with some configuration time. But next time maybe you want see another timestamp. I.e. the value of 8AM and 9AM. Then you have to configure again completely the timestamp parameters to get the exact value for the new desired time. This is what I mean with “it´s not practicable”.
    As well you will get a problem regarding the performance as you have to import all values into report builder only to pick out two values to display.

The better solution would be to make a second archive with saving cycle on 1 hour. Then you will get the detected value for each hour which you can display in the report viewer. Do as following:

1. Create an archive. Add your desired variable to your archive. Change the saving cycle to 1 hour.

2. Go to files  Create a new report definition file. Add the dataset “Archive values” to ‘selected datasets’

3. Depending on the installed program (I use MS Visual Studio) you can open the rdl-file and edit the file i.e. in a chart. For chart data you have to add “Archive” onto Values and “Timestamp” onto Category Groups.
    This is just a simple chart. Of course in the Report Builder you have much more possibilities to edit the report as desired. More about that you will find in the internet.

4. Go back to the zenon editor. Create a Report Viewer Screen.

5. Create a screen switch function for the report viewer. In filter configuration select the generated report definition file. Click on button “Read data sets from file”.
    In same window: Set a new time filter. Edit the time filter as desired.
    Add the data set “Archive Value”. Add the desired variable from your archive.

Ok, that’s all… Of course, if you start the Runtime for the first time, you will not see any values as they are still no values generated.
    Regarding the report viewer and how to create you will find for sure also some information in that forum or in the zenon help.

Hope that it helps.

Greetings
    Sassan

Rotes Gesicht Re: Report for a particular time period values

Quote Originally Posted by tah View Post
    Dear Vishnuteja, sorry for the late reply.

Actually it is almost tricky to handle it with the archive configuration you have. Saving cycle on every minute. The filter on timestamp in Report Builder is almost static, not dynamic. The used dataset “Archive” is as well fixed and cannot be configured concerning the received values. And this is not really practicable to shown in a report.

In example: With your configuration you will get all 120 values into the report builder shown in a report on every minute. But now you have to configure timestamp parameters in Report Builder that finally shows only the exact value of 6.30AM and 7.30AM and hides all other values. Would be possible somehow with some configuration time. But next time maybe you want see another timestamp. I.e. the value of 8AM and 9AM. Then you have to configure again completely the timestamp parameters to get the exact value for the new desired time. This is what I mean with “it´s not practicable”.

As well you will get a problem regarding the performance as you have to import all values into report builder only to pick out two values to display.

The better solution would be to make a second archive with saving cycle on 1 hour. Then you will get the detected value for each hour which you can display in the report viewer. Do as following:

1.    Create an archive. Add your desired variable to your archive. Change the saving cycle to 1 hour.

2.    Go to files  Create a new report definition file. Add the dataset “Archive values” to ‘selected datasets’

3.    Depending on the installed program (I use MS Visual Studio) you can open the rdl-file and edit the file i.e. in a chart. For chart data you have to add “Archive” onto Values and “Timestamp” onto Category Groups.

This is just a simple chart. Of course in the Report Builder you have much more possibilities to edit the report as desired. More about that you will find in the internet.

4.    Go back to the zenon editor. Create a Report Viewer Screen.

5.    Create a screen switch function for the report viewer. In filter configuration select the generated report definition file. Click on button “Read data sets from file”.

In same window: Set a new time filter. Edit the time filter as desired.

Add the data set “Archive Value”. Add the desired variable from your archive.

Ok, that’s all… Of course, if you start the Runtime for the first time, you will not see any values as they are still no values generated.

Regarding the report viewer and how to create you will find for sure also some information in that forum or in the zenon help.

Hope that it helps.

Greetings

Sassan

Thank you sassan for the nice answer.