Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: set up servers for redundancy

Default set up servers for redundancy

hello everyone I have this architecture and IEC61850 protocol.
    This configuration includes:
    - 8 relay GE MULTILINE
    - 2 SEL3354 servers
    - 2 switches SEL2730
    - HMI Panel PC
    I have successfully communicate with any relay with IEC61850 protocol.

but I have a problem at server SEL 3354 !!!!!!

-what that can be installed in servers?
    -what that can be installed in the HMI Panel PC?
    -how to set up servers for redundancy?

plise helpe me

sorry for the bad english
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails architecture.JPG  

Default Re: set up servers for redundancy

the zenon Network and redundancy are topics in zenon standard training. To take training could save you time and efforts by trying to set up the system.

So when i understand correctly you have 2 industry computers (SEL 3354) which should be then redundant servers in the zenon Network (and they are iec850 clients) and you have one PC for a person who will operate the system. This PC will be a client in zenon Network (and has no direct connection to GE relays - it communicates via SEL 3354).
    I'm assuming you have also some PC with zenon Editor - your developer station. This station stays like is.

When not training then please read carefully zenon Help about Network and redundancy. As short guideline:
    - for zenon Network on servers (SEL 3354) and on client (PC) you have to install zenon Runtime (no need for zenon Editor).
    - to set up redundancy: on your developer station, you have to configure the settings in project properties - Network; in properties 'Server 1' and 'Server 2' set the names of your SEL 3354 computers.
    - then from the zenon Editor you have to transfer the compiled project - using project - Global - remote transport - to both SEL 3354 and to client PC.

To use Reports in IEC61850 protocol in a redundant system you have to configure in iec850 driver 'RCB assignment' for two computer names - 'hostnames' there are your SEL 3354 machines. It is because the IEC61850 Standard defines that one RCB instance can be used only by one IEC61850 client (one iec850 client = driver running on one SEL3354). So using 'RCB assignment' you have to take care that your industry computers are using different instances of RCB (RCB available on GE relays).

dear ursulap thank you for your attention I understood your advice.

Today I test this configuration.

in your opinion the help! Completed is to understand redundancy ???????
    or I demand my manager to prepare a training zenon, I am new to this software.

If only your manager agree - attend the zenon basic training.
    After zenon basic training you can attend as next the zenon energy training.

I understand you, but what is possible to achieve redundancy only with the helpe and research. or there are other things that requires training
    is generally being is that redundancy is easy ??

thank you very much

I have no experience of trying to configure well functioning redundant system without training as by COPA-DATA we all are starting our job with trainings

It depends on time you can invest in reading Help and experiments. If you have enough time for this - is your choice. A basic training takes few days and covers many topics, not only zenon Network. How long it takes to read Help and try to learn the same - please let me know when you finished. I suppose it takes 3-4 months.

I know opinions of our customers having trainings that the training saves much time and efforts. It helps to project well from the beginning.
    And - much more important - the training helps you to avoid mistakes in concept of the project. When you will make some severe concept mistake than it can happen that you will develop for weeks (or months) you system in wrong way. Then after weeks you would have to start from the beginning. Or it can happen that you will invest many hours to do manually something what can be fast done in another way etc.

dear ursulap
    thank you very much you convinced me , you give me details of many of the things that I have forgetful again thank you very much