Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sending variables to a Table in MS-Access using SQL

Default Sending variables to a Table in MS-Access using SQL

Hi friends,

I am working on a project with about 100 floating point variables that need to be logged to a table in MSAccess using ODBC & SQL. These are passed on to a higher level ERP system that refers this table.

In Zenon Editor Help/SQLDriver/Driver functions they have recommended the use of the SEND and RECEIVE tables in a fixed format, with headings for each field in German. Is it necessary to create 2 tables for each and every variable? All that I wish is to write zenon's
    variable values (sampled every 10 minutes) into one single table.

Kindly guide me with the right approach to do this. I have been experimenting with the Historian too.. is this really needed in my current project? will the starter license be good enough? Is any VBA required?

Default Re: Sending variables to a Table in MS-Access using SQL

The driver SQLDRV (SQL Driver) is that what you have to look for. No historian (archiving) needed for this.

What you have to do is to create then 100 variables based on the SQL driver. Via triggered variable allocation (datatype from source and destintation variable must match) the values will be then written into the mentioned SQL table (resp. in your MS Access DB).

All that I wish is to write zenon's
    variable values (sampled every 10 minutes) into one single table.
    via the zenon module "Time control" you set the trigger of the variable allocation every 10 minutes

In Zenon Editor Help/SQLDriver/Driver functions they have recommended the use of the SEND and RECEIVE tables in a fixed format, with headings for each field in German.
    yes, the name in the tables are in german language because of historical reasons - it is not possible to change them now anymore due to combatibility reasons

The meaning of all tables are described (in english language) in the help documentation at Drivers -> SqlDrv -> SQL database:

regards,
    herbert