Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Iec 61850

Default Iec 61850

Hi, I'm working in Georgian State Electrosystem and now we are implementing modernization of 10 substation based on IEC 61850 protocol. In substations we use zenon 7.10. My problem is that,my friend from Schneider gave me their program called "SCL viewer", with this program you can make virtual IEC 61850 server and send some signals in network. In zenon runtime I can't get these signals sent from SCL viewer, while i can it with other IEC 61850 client software(IEC browser, RTAC). In editor I'm configuring 61850 driver and variables, and after that, in runtime I'm watching this variables but no effect, runtime does't sees IED. Please answer, because this tool will give me lot's of opportunity in testing. I hope you will help me. Sorry for my bad English.

Default Re: Iec 61850

Maybe when you created these variables manually you made mistake in object references or forget to set 'Net address'.
    Try the following:

0. make sure that this "SCL viewer" supports connection to many Clients (so that it is really able to simultaneously communicate with e.g. IEC browser, RTAC and zenon iec850 driver too) or stop all other clients. In addition: do not start more as one Client per one PC, as then the Server ("SCL viewer") can have problem to distinguish them.

1. in zenon Editor configure iec850 driver with the IP address of "SCL viewer"; rest settings on default values (they typically work).

2. in Editor (while RT is not running): right-click on driver and from context menu 'import variables from driver' - 'PLC import'
    --> the driver (from Editor) connects to "SCL viewer" and reads its data model (list of all variables). Create only variables you want to have in the Runtime, not all.

If the driver in Editor is not able to connect with "SCL viewer" to import variables then also in the Runtime will have the problem to connect. The reason then could be:
    - the mistake in IP address of server you set in the driver configuration.
    - the "SCL viewer" refuses the connection (has already too many clients, or must be configured to accept connection from your IP, etc.).
    - the default settings in the driver configuration must be changed to settings the "SCL viewer" expects.

When you are able in the Editor to import online variables from Server and you create them - then also in the Runtime they should have values; as then the variables have for sure correct addressing (object references in variable name/identification and 'net address').
    In the RT the values will be updated cyclically ('polling rate') or when received spontaneously by Report (if use of right RCB is configured).

yes, I've tried this, imported variable from SCL viewer. it means that program actually operates as IED. but in runtime there are no values.

What is written when you right-click on a screen element where such variable is linked?
    Are the screen elements empty (no value at all) or with value 0?

Make sure your screen element is not 'dynamical text' - as text element could then be empty when linked variable has no limit text.

Set in driver configuration 'Max. auto used URCBs' = 0 and delete all entries from 'RCB assignment'. When the driver is not using any Reports, it polls variable values, so uses simple Read requests which each Server must support.

Do you know already that zenon writes LOG? Using DiagViewer you can check the LOG-files already stored on your HDD or follow online what is going on by next RT start. I suppose on the Forum there are already threads with hints how to use DiagViewer to check some driver communication.

In RT, the numerical value is empty, but it is linked on correct variable. also in RT I'm watching that variable and there is no actual value.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Captur2e.PNG
Views:	48
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1620

Name:	Captur12e.PNG
Views:	37
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1621

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	39
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1622

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	43
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1623

IEC browser shows everything as I send.

SOFTWARE.rar

I send SCL viewer. it's simple program and if you find what is the problem, I will be VERY glad.
    Last edited by nikabena : 19th February 2015 at 17:56

Nikabena: i`m sorry, but i think you don't refresh variable value in runtime. Press button "Refresh On" in the right side of the screen (http://www.copadata.com/forums/attac...2&d=1424364615)

no that is not problem. i refreshed it.

Try do it as ursulap said: "What is written when you right-click on a screen element where such variable is linked?"
    Create "Numerical Value" element on screen and link it to your variable (*MMXU). Then press and hold right mouse button on this element in Runtime (look on picture in this post). There you must see "splash window" where must be name of the variable, and it status.
    On my picture this is the IEC850 variable from ABB RED670 relay and it shows the current.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ??????????.png  

thank you all, I found what was the problem. I couldn't get signals in existing project, and I created new one and I could get signals. so I thought that the problem was computer name, because we use 2 servers. in driver configuration, RCB assignment there were 2 host names: SERVERA and SERVERB (as I know these mean clients). I deleted them but it didn't worked, maybe because there is some more options, I don't know where to change them to work on any computer name.
    So I renamed my laptop to SERVERA and it started working properly. thank you all for help.

In generally the Standard defines that one RCB can be used only by one Client. So when your IED was communicating with SERVERA and SERVERB these RCBs are busy.

If the IED has more as only 2 instances of each RCB you could add your computer name as 3th hostname in the driver configuration and link this hostname with 3th instance of RCB.

Anyway it is very strange (and not really conform with the Standard) when an IED is not able to send the process values by periodical read and sends it only by RCBs. And when an IED expects particular client's computer names it should be documented.
    Last edited by ursulak : 2nd March 2015 at 10:31