Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Alarm groups

Default Alarm groups

Hello.
    I try to get get a text buttom to change color depending on a alarm group or alarm area.
    Now we are using "funktion" under "alarm configuration" to change displayd picture when a alarm occur.
    I have tryed to choose a "internal variables" (bool) for the "status variable" under "alarm configuration" an use the limits for diffrent color (green/red).
    But i cant get it to work !!.

Peter G

Default Re: Alarm groups

where did you use the status variable? At the alarmgroup or at the class? The statusvariable linked at a group or a class, only indicates if the alarmgroup resp. the alarmclass is active or not.

When you would like to have information e.g. if there are active or not-acknowledged alarms in a specific group or class, you can use the alarm areas for this purpose.

If you set the boolean internal variable manually e.g. through a numerical value, does the button change color?

If this is not the case, you should check the dynamic colors settings at the textbutton where you can link the variable for background and text-color.

Hello!
    I have tryed to use the "status variable" under "alarm area" and chosen my internal variable (byte).
    I know that i have a alarm in the chosen alarm class/area, i trigger it with a motor protection nearby.
    I use a numerical value window to see if the value changes in my internal variable but it`s always 0.
    If i control the internal variable manually the color changes as i want.
    Do you know what i`m doing wrong.

please find attached a sample project for zenon 6.22 SP0. 2008-05-29_10-41-44 group_class_area.zip

this project contains two alarms in two different classes and one alarm area.

also the system variables for the count of alarms are used, and it is possible to activate / deactivate alarmgroups and classes.

also for each alarm, a help chapter is included, which can be called in the alarm window.

what you might want to check (without having seen your project) is if at the variable, in the properties window, in the "alarm handling" section, the alarm area has been selected.

Hello!

Thanks for the help.
    I had missed the alarm area under alarm handling, now it works as i want .

Now to another question.

We are a brewery in Sweden and we use our zenon program to see the status and alarms from all our subsystem as aircompressors, coolingsystem for the process, ventilation, heating. boiler room, groundwater facility and wastewater pumpfacility.
    We have about 700 variables off which 170 is alarms.
    We also use the extended trend for logging the temperature, pressure and flow.

As it is today we don`t write to any plc with our zenon.
    But we want to have a warning light in our maintenance department indicating there is an unacknowledge alarm in any alarm class/area.
    We have a Idec FA3s plc there connected to the zenon with Brodersen System 2000 system.
    Wath is the easyest way tho achieve this.
    Regards Peter G

I am happy to hear that it is working now

This setting is at a place where it might be overseen easily. I will check the documentation if we can improve something here.

As you seem to use zenon mostly as a data-logging and alarm monitoring system, the additional modules "Industrial Performance Analyzer" (IPA) or the "Industrial Maintenance Manager" (IMM) might be also interesting for you.

With the IPA you can statistically analyze production stops, most frequent failures, longest alarms, production breakdowns, etc. etc. from shifts to single pieces of equipment.

The IMM allows you to plan and schedule maintenance, based on operating hour counters / operation counters.

Regarding your question, there are many possibilities. You could for example monitor the variable "not acknowledged alarms" with a limit. At the limit you can configure an optional delay, and link a function (send value to hardware) to write an output (with or without a delay) in the PLC.

However zenon also offers other possibilities of notifying e.g. technicians through e-mail, voice-spoken messages, or SMS messages, of current alarms, using the additional module Message Control.

If the PC with zenon is in the maintenance department, you could also use the function "play sound" to audibly notify about a current not acknowledged alarm.

Of course it would also be possible to place a client (pc with zenon) or a webclient (PC with internet explorer) in the maintenance department, by activating your zenon project as a network project! This requires setting only one checkbox and entering the server name.

Hello!
    Thanks for the advise.
    How can i get one variable to se if it`s any unacknowledged alarm in any alarm class/area?

please take a look at the demo project at this post:

http://www.copadata.com/forums/showp...83&postcount=4

there are variables from the system driver, which show the number of active alarms and the number of not acknowledged alarms globally over all classes / groups / areas.

i have tried to use the systemvariabel "not acknowledged alarms" but i cant get it to change .
    How do i open the demo projekt?.