Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How can I print a not displayed frame?

Default How can I print a not displayed frame?

Hello!
    I want to have an automatic printout of a particular frame. This will happen automatically when a variable is turned on by the PLC. The frame should not be displayed on the screen as it will disrupt the user, but just print out at the required time. I have tried using the function "Print screenshot" and using the frame name as a variable, but it does not seem to work unless the frame is actually on screen. Is there a way to print a frame that is not displayed, or hidden in the background?
    Thank you.

Blinzeln AW: How can I print a not displayed frame?

Maybe if you copy the Picture and link it to a template which is out of the Monitor area. Then you can open the Picture without seeing it on the Monitor and print a screenshot of it...

Default Re: AW: How can I print a not displayed frame?

I'm not sure if that would work. It's not just a picture, it's a report with variables on it which are linked to changing values in the PLC. Each time it prints, it is different.
    Also, I have found that any part of the picture outside the monitor window will not print. The screen is A4 portrait, but the monitor window is landscape. I found that displaying it and printing it with "Print screenshot" function gave a black space for all parts of the frame outside the monitor window, so I think that if all the frame is outside the monitor window it will print nothing.

Default AW: How can I print a not displayed frame?

Ok, maybe you're right.
    But if it is a Report that you like to print, why don't you use the 'Print Report' Function type?

Default Re: AW: How can I print a not displayed frame?

I have not used the Print Report function before. It looks complicated and I'd prefer something easier. I tried setting up a virtual monitor and displaying the frame on there but it just prints all black.