Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IEC61850 command origin

Default IEC61850 command origin

Dear collegues,

My customer does not like how SCADA Zenon manages the commands/locking conditions and so on from the HMI. With hours of work, I have programmed our own system. Now the HMI shows the locking conditions, supervises the device status and sends the command via Zenon Logic, pressing a button.

But now I need to send commands (IEC850) from Zenon Logic with different origins: station-control, automatic-station and remote control. There is only one place to set the origin (orCat) for all the "IEC61850 Client", and there is only one driver "IEC61850 Client" for the Zenon Logic Workbench.

My question:
    How can I use several [IEC61850 Cliente] orCat in Zenon Logic?

If the answer is: using several projects/workbench. How can I run several Zenon Logic projects inside one Zenon SCADA project? (I have tried it without success).

Best regards.

Germán Marcos.

Default Re: IEC61850 command origin

I cannot agree about amount of work. Your customer is probably overlooking that in Command Input he can use wildcards also for variables in interlocking conditions and that he can free rename iec850 variables to fit any wildcard pattern - the iec850 driver can use as object reference also Symbolic Address or Identification of variables, and not names. It is just a setting in driver.
    For remote/local control mode he can create an internal variable used as condition by all switching actions. He can link many conditions to one action, e.g. condition on general variable "local/remote" and conditions on variables referring the data object.
    I'm sure that it is significant less work to use iec850 driver in zenon with Command Input module as to program similar behavior in Logic.

To answer your question: you can create in one zenon project many Logic projects and then zenon Runtime will start logic projects in own logic Runtimes. You have to only assure that these logic Runtimes are using different IP Ports (not all the port 1200 and 9000, but next RT uses 1201 and 9001 etc.).
    All these Runtimes can run with own IEC61850 Client driver. What was the problem when you tried?

Dear Ursula, thank you very much for the answer.

My problem about the several logic Runtimes is:
    When I create a new Zenon Logic Project, the TCP ports are 1201/9001. But I can not connect with the Servers.

We have two servers (primary+secondary) with RT licenses, and another PC with the editor. I will try again openning the ports 1201/9001 in both servers. Is there any step I have forgotten?

1. in zenon Editor, for Logic projects, make sure the setting 'Runtime' - 'Start type' is not "manually", the 'Start place' is 'Server 1 and Server 2' and the 'Host' is "localhost".

2. compile and transport zenon project to Server 1 and Server 2

3. restart zenon RT on both PCs (not reload) and check if wished quantity of logic Runtime applications are running on each PC (small icons on taskbar or in Task Manager).

4. from Editor start Logic Workbench and set 'Tools' - 'Communication parameters' (instead "localhost:...") the IP address and port of Server 1 or Server 2 - depending to which logic RT you want to connect in online mode; e.g. "192.168.9.99:1201(10)" when the PC with Server 1 has IP 192.168.9.99 and the Logic RT uses port 1201.

Changing the communication parameters in Workbench you can connect online to Logic RTs running on any PC. But you cannot start more as one Workbench for the same project, only for deferent projects. So, you can supervise online logic RT with particular program on Server 1 or on Server 2, not both simultaneously.

You can also change the setting in zenon: 'Worbench' - 'Target host' from "localhost" to IP of Server 1, then when you start Workbench the communication parameters will be set to this IP.

Hello,

Maybe this thread is also interesting for you:

http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954

Markus

Thank you all,

I had not restarted the machines, that was my fault!

Now I have several projects inside Zenon Logic with its own IEC61850 origins working fine.