Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Connection to zenon

Default Connection to zenon

hello,
    how i connect the EV3 to zenon witthout be trought wifi, i dont have the dongle.

thanks

patrick0707 Gast

Default Re: Connection to zenon

Hello Churras,

you can connect your EV3 with an USB Cable to the PC or you buy a Wifi Dongle.

Put I think for the connection to zenon you must have a Wifi Dongle. You can upgrade the Firmware from the EV3 with the USB Cable.

Best regards,

Patrick Adlgasser
    Last edited by patrick0707 : 2nd August 2014 at 09:42

Thanks for your reply, i have another question, in zenon fieldbus configuration when i add the driver Ev3 only appear the sensors, where i configure the outputs, is through another driver?

Quote from David Schwarz
    How to control the motor:

If you want to control the motor, you have to create a Program in zenon Logic. Right-click on the folder “Programs” and chose “Insert New Program…”. A dialog will open and there you can chose the Programming language you want to use. I used “Function Block Diagram”.

On the right side is a list of function blocks. There you need the “EV3-Foler”.
    In the list all function blocks are listed.
    If you want to start a motor you could use e.g. “EV3ROTATE”, just drag and drop it in the white space.

You can find a description of all function blocks in this tutorial:
    http://www.zenon-challenge.com/news/...arted.html#top

After you inserted the function blocks you need to create some variables.
    If you move the mouse over the block a tooltip appears where it is listed which data type is needed for each variable.

When you are finished with creating the variables just drag and drop them on the right place of the function block (the gray fields).

Now download the program on the LEGO Mindstorm, change the value of the speed variable and the motor should run.

Best regards,
    Zimou

Hello,
    Thanks for the help! But where i can define the outputs A,B,C or D, or what motor is in what port.
    Best regards

Hello,
    if you use the Language FB. Then for the first variable, you can write 1,2,3,4 witch stands for Port A,B,C,D

Best regards
    Zimou