Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is it possible to get ALC color information for ALC switch using ALCEdge

Default Is it possible to get ALC color information for ALC switch using ALCEdge

Hello colleagues.

We use 7.10 version.

We did find exact ALCEdge in our project in ALCEnginge by Picture+ALCTypeSwitch + EdgeItemVariableName combination.
    In properties list of this ALCEdge we can see two nodes - Node1 and Node2 with some ElementRefs.

But now we have no idea what to do further with this ALCEdge to get its color state.

Is it possible get color information (or other line source status information of lines connected to switch) with ALC* items of zenon object model?
    Regards,
    Andrey

Default Re: Is it possible to get ALC color information for ALC switch using ALCEdge

Hello again.

Ok, common question is may be too wide.

So please help me with another ALC object model questions.

Q1. When I try to get ElementRef by index from node I get runtime error (see picture Q1)

Q2. Why on Node 2 EdgeCount = 4, when Watch screen shows only 2 Element IDs (or Refs) (see picture Q2).

Q3. According this switch element placed on screen only two lines are point to him (and I found it in ElementRefs lists for each node). What are the other lines in each node Element list?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Q1.png   Q2.png  
    Regards,
    Andrey

Default Re: Is it possible to get ALC color information for ALC switch using ALCEdge

afaik the ALC colour information can not be read out via the zenon API

What exactly is the purpose to touch the ALC engine via the zenon API?

regards,
    herbert

Hello herberto.

I want to have control faceplate with icon of controlled element (valve, switching device, motor) coloured such way as it happens through ALC on the screen.
    Of course I want to have optimal solution - single faceplate for all elements of each type.
    Solution with one faceplate for each element with links is possible but it is very huge and not optimal.
    Regards,
    Andrey

hmm.. why not using ALC Alias for this?
    -> afaik also since 7.11 the substitution for ALC Alias is available

regards,
    herbert

Unfortunately I don't see information about ALC Alias substitution in 7.11 release notes...
    Another question is how to propogate substitution with command screen (which do not use substitution).
    Afaik, substitution can be used only if we open dialog screen with screen switch function, not with command.
    Regards,
    Andrey