Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: VBA script on touch screen

Default VBA script on touch screen

Hi!

I want to run a VBA script when I raise my finger from a touch screen. I thought if I set the script to run when the left mouse button is released it will work, but it seems like the tap does not work like a left mouse click. I did not find other option where I can set my script to run.
    Does anybody have any idea? I use Zenon 7.11 and Windows 8.1.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: VBA script on touch screen

Hi Arpi,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum

Indeed, touch events are different from Click events. You can also access touch events in VBA, but zenon also offer more sophisticated touch support that does not require any coding.

If you want to react on touch events in VBA, have a look at the events that exist at the DynPictures collection.

Public WithEvents Scrs As DynPictures

Private Sub Project_Active()
    Set Scrs = thisProject.DynPictures
    End Sub

Private Sub Scrs_TouchEvent(pvX() As Long, pvY() As Long, pvSource() As stdole.OLE_HANDLE, PvID() As Long, pvFlags() As Long, pvMask() As Long, pvTime() As Long, pvExtraInfo() As Long, pvXContact() As Long, pvYContact() As Long)
    Debug.Print "TouchEvent"
    End Sub

Private Sub Scrs_TouchManipulationCompleteEvent(ByVal lX As Long, ByVal lY As Long, ByVal lTransX As Long, ByVal lTransY As Long, ByVal fScaleFactor As Single, ByVal fRotation As Single, ByVal lContacts As Long)
    Debug.Print "TouchManipulationCompleteEvent"
    End Sub

Private Sub Scrs_TouchManipulationDeltaEvent(ByVal lX As Long, ByVal lY As Long, ByVal lTransX As Long, ByVal lTransY As Long, ByVal fScaleFactor As Single, ByVal fRotation As Single, ByVal lContacts As Long)
    Debug.Print "TouchManipulationDeltaEvent"
    End Sub

Private Sub Scrs_TouchManipulationStartEvent(ByVal lX As Long, ByVal lY As Long)
    Debug.Print "TouchManipulationStartEvent"
    End Sub

In order to use these, you need to set the Multitouch parameter in the project properties - interaction section, to "Windows 7"

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: VBA script on touch screen

as this questions was also handled within a ticket (same user/customer) below the solution of the ticket:

You must not mix Click-Events (which can be only fired by a mouse) and Touch-Interactions.

If you want i.e. a that a Macro is executed on realase of a button then you have to use i.e. the Event called PointerUp()
    -> see help documentation at:
    Manual -> Multi-Touch -> Evaluating events
    Events that are to be evaluated via the programming interface can be defined in detail for screens. The evaluation is carried out via VSTA at screen level.

-> in following chapter a sample code for VB.NET / C# is given:
    Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Objectmodel -> DynPictures -> DynPictures-Events -> PointerUp