Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Setting transient values to 0

Default Setting transient values to 0

Hi,
    in our project we have transient type signals (protection signals from equipment) from wich in Zenon we only receive status to 1 (trip) but not the 0 status (normal), so that in Zenon we have to set this signals to 0 in order to have information of the next trip that can occur. Have you had any similar case so that there is an easy way to do that, to set to zero a lot of tags?

Default Re: Setting transient values to 0

to set value to lot of variables - Recipes.

but i'm not sure if this is the way. The set value to a zenon variable means that the driver writes this value to PLC (device). Does your device will accept writting these values?

It's true, we would not have to write back. We will have to think about it, perhaps using intermediate internal variables Thank you.

In general zenon drivers are transferring to the Runtime an received value only when it changes. So when the variable in RT has already value 1 the new value 1 will be not transferred.

I cannot try it out (i have no IED sending transient values) and i'm not 100% sure but maybe when you set to the variable a status bit - e.g. one of user status bit M2-M8 (you can set it using action 'set status' or Receipe Group Manager 'user status') - then by re-reception of the value the bit will gone. And if the bit is gone can detect using reaction matrix.

When toggling user status bit does not work then from your other questions i suppose we are still in iec850. The */stVal[ST] stay 1 but when you create variable for */t[ST] by events your equipment will update it to current time as according the Standard an IED should keep time information up-to-date.

Hi Ursula, where can i find the option "set status" that you have mentioned?

Regards

Command group -> Actions -> New status input -> property 'Modifyable states' -> M2 and property '... direction' ON or OFF.

Thank you, we are now trying with recipegroup manager, but till now it doesn't work. We are not sure when do the recipe write the M2 bit that we have assigned with "user status"

the RGM writes the M1 status bit when in the recipe field 'Action' you set 'User action' and in field 'Value' you write 'M2=1' (or 'M2=0' to deactivate the bit). But RGM does it only on variables not linked with Command Input. When you link by variable a command group you should use action from Command Input and not RGM.

If the status bit is set you can see e.g. in CEL/AML/Historian in the column 'variable status' or by right-click on screen element displaying the variable.
    Last edited by ursulak : 27th May 2014 at 07:00

We have tried with this procedure but we will have to use intermediate internal variables, otherwise it has not worked. Thank you Ursula.