Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Message Control

Default Message Control

Dear Support Team,

I am using Zenon 7.00.

I configured the message control and also I am receiving the message from the SCADA.
    But when I try to acknowledge the alarm from the mobile, it is not happening.
    The following setting I have done for acknowledging alarm,
    1. I entered the PIN number and NA number in "Send message function". Ref: snap1.jpg
    2. Received message: 2f024413-18c1-4d31-89ce-cc92a50f28c8; PUMP1 Tripped
    3. Replied message: 2f024413-18c1-4d31-89ce-cc92a50f28c8;1234
    I was assuming that, the alarm will acknowledge after sending the PIN code(1234) with GUID by replying the message. But there is no response from SCADA side after reply.
    Please explain me where I am doing mistake or what are all the settings remain to do...

Please help me on the following task also related to message control,
    1. Single analog input is having different alarms according to the different limits. In this case, Do we want to create the different function(Send message func.) for each alarm...? Is it any other simple methods available to use instead of "send message function"...?

2. Alarm Recovery message: SCADA has sent a message while alarm generated. We need the another message after it goes to the normal condition. How Can we do that in Zenon 7.00...?

Quick reply is highly helpful for us.

Best Regards,
    A. Navaneet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snap1.jpg  

Default Re: Message Control

Hi A.Navaneet,

Quote Originally Posted by navaneet View Post
    3. Replied message: 2f024413-18c1-4d31-89ce-cc92a50f28c8;1234
    I was assuming that, the alarm will acknowledge after sending the PIN code(1234) with GUID by replying the message. But there is no response from SCADA side after reply.
    Please explain me where I am doing mistake or what are all the settings remain to do...
    Basically, you are acknowledging the receipt of the message. You are not acknowledging the alarm itself!

If you have a substitute person configured at the message control user settings and the message is not acknowledged within the specified timeout or the message is negatively acknowledged, message control will send the message to the substitute recipient.

Can you see in the Chronologic Event List, if acknowledging the message is received and processed?

What you can do is configure functions that will be executed when the message is acknowledged, not acknowledged, or negatively acknowledged. At the positive acknowledgement, you can configure a function "alarm acknowledge" with a filter set to the variable that caused the alarm.

Please help me on the following task also related to message control,
    1. Single analog input is having different alarms according to the different limits. In this case, Do we want to create the different function(Send message func.) for each alarm...? Is it any other simple methods available to use instead of "send message function"...?
    You may be able to use the same send message function at all three alarms and use the parameters to provide the specific information in the message control message.

2. Alarm Recovery message: SCADA has sent a message while alarm generated. We need the another message after it goes to the normal condition. How Can we do that in Zenon 7.00...?
    You could create a separate "send message" function that is linked to the normal condition.

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Mark,
    Thank You for your Quick reply.

I forgot to say one thing, I attached the alarm acknowledge function ( PUMP1-STS-ACK) [Ref: ack-func.jpg] in the message control "on acknowledge" area (Ref: snap-1, already attached).

I am replying the message within 10 min (Waiting period) before it is expired for acknowledge and also I deleted the substitute person from user message control (Ref: user control.jpg).

Even alarm is not acknowledged, and I am getting the message in chronological list as "not successfully acknowledged" and "no substitute person defined" (Ref: Chrono list.jpg).

Please explain what may be the problem on this...

Alarm recovery message:
    OK. We can create the "send function" for each limits. I need little more help on this task. We can create a function in between the normal value, but how do we define it was in alarm ant it is cleared now. If we get any "bit" high on this alarm time, we can combine the condition of both the bit status and normal condition, accordingly we can create a message.
    Please explain me the possibilities of above mentioned task.

Best Regards,
    A. Navaneet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails user control.jpg   Chrono list.jpg   ack-func.jpg  
    Last edited by navaneet : 25th April 2014 at 13:12

I am replying the message within 10 min (Waiting period) before it is expired for acknowledge and also I deleted the substitute person from user message control (Ref: user control.jpg).

Even alarm is not acknowledged, and I am getting the message in chronological list as "not successfully acknowledged" and "no substitute person defined" (Ref: Chrono list.jpg).

Please explain what may be the problem on this...
    It's hard to tell just from this description what the problem may be. It's probably best to contact your local COPA-DATA support representative and send them all relevant information.

Alarm recovery message:
    OK. We can create the "send function" for each limits. I need little more help on this task. We can create a function in between the normal value, but how do we define it was in alarm ant it is cleared now. If we get any "bit" high on this alarm time, we can combine the condition of both the bit status and normal condition, accordingly we can create a message.
    Please explain me the possibilities of above mentioned task.
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean with this. I was assuming you were using a Boolean variable. One state (Limit 2) is the alarm state, e.g. "Maximum 1", and the other state (Limit 1 - Minimum 0) is the normal state. You can link a function to send a message to the normal state (Limit 1) as well. For analogs you can do this in a similar way.

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Mark,
    Thank You.
    I did the settings with the reference of the Zenon Help (Ref: Config1.jpg, Config2.jpg). I understood everything and did, but I don't understand about "Message text" which is mentioned as Hint (Ref: Config1.jpg Highlighted in Red color). What is this message text...? Is it any problem due to this...? Because i didn't do anything on this area. Just I wrote the message which I like to send as a message(Ref: Msg_Text.jpg).

Please explain me If I need to do any further settings regarding to message control.

I attached the back-up of my test project also. If you need please refer and let me know where I did mistake or which setting I missed.

Recovery message:
    This is not Boolean variable. This is the integer. It is having there are two limits like "Low" and "High". I would like to generate a message once the value comes to normal from alarm. Please explain me How can we achieve this....??

Best Regards,
    A. Navaneet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Msg_Text.jpg   Config1.jpg   Config2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear Support Team,
    I am in site. I have to solve this message control issue as soon as possible. Please tell me if you need any further details to understanding my queries.
    Your Quick reply is very helpful for me.

Dear Navaneet,

Just to let you know. Although COPA-DATA employees may monitor and moderate posts in the forum and sometimes actively provide answers, this is not an official support channel.

While we do our best, currently there are no mechanisms in place that guarantee that you get a timely answer in the forum and any service level agreement you may have will not be considered when you post in the forum.

Also as this is a public forum, exchanging information may also be limited compared to information exchanged through a support ticket that is private to you only.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Navaneet,

Recovery message:
    This is not Boolean variable. This is the integer. It is having there are two limits like "Low" and "High". I would like to generate a message once the value comes to normal from alarm. Please explain me How can we achieve this....??
    Basically, you can add a third limit "Maximum 201" with e.g. a limit text "TANK1-NORMAL LEV" to your variable that is not an alarm. Then link to this limit a function to send a message that the normal state has been restored.

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Navaneet,

I did the settings with the reference of the Zenon Help (Ref: Config1.jpg, Config2.jpg). I understood everything and did, but I don't understand about "Message text" which is mentioned as Hint (Ref: Config1.jpg Highlighted in Red color). What is this message text...?
    The system may generate some messages that require an acknowledge or decline and other messages that do not. For a recipient this is not immediately clear.

The text outlined in the red color basically is a recommendation to the application engineer to include in the message text an additional notice for the recipient of the message that this message is expected to be acknowledged or declined using the codes provided to the recipient. E.g. ***PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE OR DECLINE THIS MESSAGE USING THE CODES PROVIDED***

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Navaneet,

I've had a quick look at your project. I could not find an immediate reason why acknowledging the GSM SMS message does not work. The acknowledgement code and the non acknowledgement code at the user is set, these same codes are also used at some of the send message functions for the specific message.

One thing that I can recommend is to activate full logging for the zenrt32 using the diagnosis viewer, and check for any errors. Also check and see if the GSM modem actually receives the SMS acknowledgements.

In the logfile for the DEBUG level, look for example for the message "Successfully received SMS from [phone number]"

Best regards,
    Mark