Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Communication Between Allen Bradley and Zenon

Default Communication Between Allen Bradley and Zenon

Dear support,

I have RSLogix software on one PC and Zenon on another PC. I like to communicate between RSLogix and zenon by using RS linx driver, but when I am trying to create RSLinx driver it is showing an error (attached the same file). Can anybody please suggest any solution over the same and please guide me how to do the communication.

Thanks & Regards
    Vivek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Error.bmp  

Default Re: Communication Between Allen Bradley and Zenon

Hello Vivek,

as mentioned in the help documentation: Manual -> Drivers -> ALLANBNT
    the RS LINX Software has to be installed on the same PC where the driver will be used.

Why do you use the ALLANBNT driver?
    Another more common driver would be the Logix_ODVA driver.
    Take a look into the help documentation of zenon: Manual -> Drivers -> Logix_ODVA

Best regards,
    Daniela.

Hello

Thanks Daniela for your suggestion. But i have one doubt that I don’t have Allen bradly hardware with me so by your opinion which driver i should be used to communicate with Zenon Logix_OVDA or Logix_RSlinx.

Thanks & Regards
    Vivek

Hi Vivek,

what PLC are you trying to connect with zenon?

Markus

Hi Markus

I don't have PLC hardware with me. I have only Allen Bradley software running on my PC in simulation mode. So I like to communicate Allen Bradley simulation mode software with zenon.

In general way I will just create some tags in Allen Bradley and force it in simulation mode same status I have to check on zenon.

Thanks & Regards
    Vivek

Hi, I am trying to set up a Zenon V8.0 project which has to communicate with an existing Allen Bradley Micrologix PLC. The PLC is currently communicating with an Allen Bradley Panleview which needs to be replaced.
    The driver I am using is the Allen Bradley DF1 driver.

What I would like to know is how the addressing works. The PLC has symbols for each address required by the Panelview and I was hoping to use the symbolic addresses in Zenon. It appears that this driver does not allow the use of symbolic addresses. Is this correct?

If I cannot use the symbolic addresses, then I would need to use the addressing described in the DF1 manual where:
    Address B3:2/1 would become Datablock 3, Offset 2, Bit 1 and so on for all other tag types, floating point, Integer etc.

This works fine until you have to directly read a PLC input or output, which aren't mentioned in the manual. Is there an addressing method I can use for these tags, or will I need to write them into another data file (eg B100) so I can read them into Zenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchall View Post
    If I cannot use the symbolic addresses, then I would need to use the addressing described in the DF1 manual where:
    Address B3:2/1 would become Datablock 3, Offset 2, Bit 1 and so on for all other tag types, floating point, Integer etc.

This works fine until you have to directly read a PLC input or output, which aren't mentioned in the manual. Is there an addressing method I can use for these tags, or will I need to write them into another data file (eg B100) so I can read them into Zenon.
    I have same issue. Zenon with DF1 driver should connect directly to Micrologix PLC input but there is no description for that Datablock.
    I tried to use Datablock 1, Offset0, Bit 1 in Zenon for I1:0/1 ,but no value in Zenon.

Is there any solution except changing PLC cofiguration?

Hello damir,

Kindly contact your local support team to cover better the issue reported.

In advance, note that in the next build release of zenon 8.00 it will be included a fix for the ALLENDF1 driver that will allow the read of Output/Inputs datablocks when using block reading ("Offset considers data type" enabled in the driver configuration).

More insight information as below:

The option "Offset considers data type" activates block reading. It requires the address space to be linear. I.e. each offset represents an unit of equal size. At least with t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ some PLC for input and output this is not the case. For Output : Offset 0 contains 96 bit while offset 1 contains 32 bit and offset 3 16 bit. Now, enabling this property has no effect in Output, Input, String, Counter and Timer data files.

Thank you very much.

Good luck,
    David Cerdeira