Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WPF events don't work on webclient

Default WPF events don't work on webclient

Hello all

We create wpf menu control that use instead of the project main menu on webclients. We assign to events of wpf menu item function type screen switch (for example). Unfortunately this function don't execute on webclient.
    Where can be a problem? We try demo version of WEB Server. May be it's a problem for demo version only.

We use Windows 7, IE8 and Firefox and Zenon v7.11 build 7770 32bit and demo version WEB Server.

XAML file of our wpf control you can find in attachmets.

Thanks for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wpf_menu_events.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: WPF events don't work on webclient

I created a test project. You can find this project in attechments.
    For my wpf control I am using Microsoft Expression Blend UserConrtrol - mainMenuControl. I tryed to add PresentationFramework.Aero.dll to the folder with Internet Explorer but it didn't help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi altera,

Is this something specific to a web client, or does this also occur on a normal runtime client?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello Mark

On standart runtime (server and client) this wpf menu works fine. But on standart webclient functions which were assigned to menu items didn't work.
    I don't have a license for webserver and could test project only in demo mode.
    May you try this wpf menu on standart web client with web server or web server pro license?

Best regards

Hi Altera,

Unless you are trying to write variables, it should not matter if you use a demo license for the webserver for your tests.

Is VSTA / VBA enabled on the webclient?

Is the custom Dll for your .wpf available on the webclient PC, and is it loaded by internet explorer?

On the webclient, the normal zenon main menu is not available due to Windows restrictions where there can only be one main menu per application. As the webclient runs in the browser which already has a main menu, the zenon main menu cannot be used.

Best regards,
    Mark

. I tryed to add PresentationFramework.Aero.dll to the folder with Internet Explorer but it didn't help.
    -> does the wpf control work if you copy this dll to the webclient installation folder?

regards,
    herbert

Hello

VSTA / VBA are enabled.

-> does the wpf control work if you copy this dll to the webclient installation folder?
    I tryed it and also I set property "IsMainMenu=false" for this wpf menu control but a result was the same (don't work).
    I took this wpf menu control from Expression Blend.

Best regards

Hi Altera,

You can use "process explorer" from "Sysinternals" (Microsoft TechNet) to view the handles and dlls used by the internet explorer process, by pressing Ctrl+D.

If there is more than one iexplore.exe process, locate the one that loads the "npzenwebcli.dll".

Check this process to see if all required .dll files for the WPF element are also loaded.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello Mark

You advise is very interesting. I found that dll for my WPF control use framework v4.0 but webserver support only v2.0.
    Can zenon webserver support framework v4.0?
    I will try to create the same wpf control using MS Studio 2008.

Thank you.
    Best regards
    Dmitry