Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Status: INVALID , NT_870 but reading values

Default Status: INVALID , NT_870 but reading values

Hi all
    I have one substation with SIPROTEC4 and thiese SIPROTECS are connected to AK-1703 and I am reading values from AK-1703 with AK-driver. All the variables are ok without currents, they have status : INVALID,COT0,COT1,NT_870 but i can read the values and they are changing all the time(and this is not for all devices, most of them are ok ), so the are not like usual INVALID status 0 or last valid value.
    What coud be the reason for this?

Best regards!
    Angel Markov

Default Re: Status: INVALID , NT_870 but reading values

in IEC60870 protocol there are defined special flags like 'not topical' and 'invalid'. Using These flags the Slave can inform the Master (e.g. SCADA) that the end-device (Hardware connected to the Slave) does not deliver the data anymore or delivers data of some reasons not reliable.

So obviously the data is coming from the Slave marked as 'not topical' and/or 'invalid'. The reasons you have to check in the end-devices and/or in slave.