Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Windows CE 6,0 and GIF file

Default Windows CE 6,0 and GIF file

Using Zenon6,22sp0 on WindowsCE 6 , when runtime start the GIF file don't appear correctly: the transparency property isn't correctly handled.

vene Gast

Default Re: Windows CE 6,0 and GIF file

Using Zenon6,22sp0 on WindowsCE 6 , when runtime start the GIF file don't appear correctly: the transparency property isn't correctly handled.
    Principially transparency is supported by winCE6.0. But it depends on the different images, producers of panels are using for their devices.

So it is possible, that on some devices transparency is working and on some others not.

As long as transparency is supported by the device, it is supported by zenOn.

For further information please contact the manufacturer of your required device.

Daumen runter Re: Windows CE 6,0 and GIF file

Incorrect.

I have performed the tests in collaboration of the technicians of B&R Italia, and I have made with various versions of Zenon.

Using Zenon6,21 (perhaps without a complete set of dll for wince6) no GIF will be visualized.

Using Zenon6,22sp0 with the correct set of dll, all graphics will be visualized, but the transparency property of the GIF don't work.

Using the built-in Internet Explorer of wince6, the GIF are visualized correctly.

The B&R technician was with me during the tests and he has not noticed problems concerning S.O.

I feels like thinking that the tests of compatibility have not been performed in exhaustive way.

I'm having the same problem using Zenon 6.21 sp1 on Windows CE 5.0 and I have found this note inside your help HTLM litterature of Zenon:

"GIF files:
    Under Windows CE, GIF files can most probably not be displayed without modification. It is necessary to have the file IMGDECEMP.dll, which you can request from our support department Please provide the name of the platform, for which you require the file. ".

Is it gonna your with this dll and if yes, is it possible to have this dll?

Do we have to register the dll under Window CE and how do we register a dll with Window CE?

brandt Gast

Because windows does not support the IMGDECEMP.dll anymore, COPA-DATA decided to offer this dll for download and the tool RegsvrCE.exe to register that dll. Unfortiunally it seems that is not a practicable solution in the moment. Momentary the gif´s and PNG´s are treated through the IImage-Interface as Bitmap, thus untransparent. As long that IImage-Interface is in the Ce-image zenon does favored that interface to display. The develoment is working on the possibility to draw the image direct into the monitor-DC.