Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: WebServer - Project

Default WebServer - Project

I have setup webserver for Zenon 7.0. I could access main page from client and then install the client MSI through the webservice. However, When go to my project it runs through the client, it connects to the Run-time Server and give these errors. Attached the screen shots.

Should the project be copied to client ?

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error.png   error2.png  

Default Re: WebServer - Project

Hi,
    this is Just addition to above problem

When I run the local index.htm ("C:\Program Files (x86)\COPA-DATA\zenon Webserver\zenon") file, everything works fine.
    however, if I install ActiveX client MSI through the webserver (http://webserver/zenon), then, I get above problem.

All the settings are set on global_var.js in wwroot folder and webserver folder. Somehow, when I install and run ActiveX MSI through HTTP, it can not get global_var settings instead it takes some default settings from somewhere. I am not sure how to make this work.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

louis.paglaiccetti Gast

Hello & thanks for your post.

It is difficult to tell from this information, what the problem could be. Just a few short things to check on:

1. Could you please tell us if the web server is installed on the same PC as the runtime server?
    2. Are you launching the web client directly from the web server computer?
    3. What version of the web server do you have installed (Pro, Standard, Pro-Light)?
    4. Are you using HTTP tunneling?
    5. Have you already tried to first refresh (F5) the project entry page in the browser (init.htm) before starting the web client runtime?
    6. Can you PING the runtime server from the web server computer via hostname?
    7. Can you PING the web server from the web client computer via hostname?
    8. Is the project set to “Network Active”, and is the runtime server currently active?
    9. Is the Web Server service running (in services.msc, check for ZenWebSrv)?
    10. Was your globalvars.js file saved properly and do you use capital letters there?

In most respects, the zenon web client is identical to a standard thick client. So the web client does as well have the runtime files/project copied locally to the %TEMP% directory.

Often, this issue is normally caused by either mis-configuration in the globalvars.js, network related issues (dns, firewall, etc.) or Browser Security Settings.

Please have a look at these posts for more information:

http://www.copadata.com/forums/showt...ight=webclient

Quote Originally Posted by louis.paglaiccetti View Post
    Hello & thanks for your post.

It is difficult to tell from this information, what the problem could be. Just a few short things to check on:

1. Could you please tell us if the web server is installed on the same PC as the runtime server?
    2. Are you launching the web client directly from the web server computer?
    3. What version of the web server do you have installed (Pro, Standard, Pro-Light)?
    4. Are you using HTTP tunneling?
    5. Have you already tried to first refresh (F5) the project entry page in the browser (init.htm) before starting the web client runtime?
    6. Can you PING the runtime server from the web server computer via hostname?
    7. Can you PING the web server from the web client computer via hostname?
    8. Is the project set to “Network Active”, and is the runtime server currently active?
    9. Is the Web Server service running (in services.msc, check for ZenWebSrv)?
    10. Was your globalvars.js file saved properly and do you use capital letters there?

In most respects, the zenon web client is identical to a standard thick client. So the web client does as well have the runtime files/project copied locally to the %TEMP% directory.

Often, this issue is normally caused by either mis-configuration in the globalvars.js, network related issues (dns, firewall, etc.) or Browser Security Settings.

Please have a look at these posts for more information:

Thank you for the reply. Here are the answers

1. No. they are two separate PCs.
    2. Yes
    3. Pro-Lite
    4. No
    5. Yes. Deleted history and cache
    6. yes
    7. Server and client is the same at this point
    8. Yes
    9. yes
    10. Yes

I did "security settings" re commanded by ZenOn manual. port 1102 open Server and webserver.
    I put firewall rule for 1102.
    use IE 9

Thank you
    Appreciate your help

I was able to get it run Chrome. But, not with IE 9. "Memory Protection......" is deactivated with IE 9

Quote Originally Posted by abcd1234 View Post
    I was able to get it run Chrome. But, not with IE 9. "Memory Protection......" is deactivated with IE 9
    Hi,

I have really hard time getting work with IE 9. what are the settings for IE 9?
    so far, what have done:
    1. uninstall .net framework 4
    2. deactivate "Memory Protection......" setting
    3. low level protection for IE 9

any help is appreciated.

Thank you

It was an issue with wireless network card. my computer is on local network for testing. However, wireless was on my computer and internet explorer is trying to go through wireless. after I turn off wireless everything worked fine.

Thank you

louis.paglaiccetti Gast

Hello abcd1234,

Thanks for the follow-up and glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Best Regards!