Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: historian configuration

Default historian configuration

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your ideas for my last question, they really helped me

Now I have another problem

I need to make a day report with the sum of some values from the process. I have a basic archive where the values are stored each day and I have configured a following archive, so each day I will have the sum of the values into them.

The basic archive has triggered scanning in order to avoid INVALID values. The following archive is evacuated into a SQL database.

Only for testing the configuration, I have temporary set the saved cycle for the basic archive in 5 minutes. The problem is that when I start the Runtime, or when the values are not changed into the interval of five minutes I get invalid values into the following archive.

The values into the basic archive are correctly stored without invalid values. If they change some times during the five minutes, the following archive makes the correct operation, but when they stayed with the same value during this interval, after five minutes I get INVALID values (0) into the following archive. And it happens the same when the runtime is started.

My first question is if this is normal... This status into the following archive when it has no value - changed to make another operation.

The second question is, of course, how can I solved it. I know that in the report generator I can use some functions to show the data from the archive depending on their status. The problem is that I have to get the data from the SQL datatbase (with sqldao), so I need to avoid that values.

I hope you can help me... Again

Thank you,
    Best regards,
    Luc

Default Re: historian configuration

Hi Luc,

I've moved your post to a new thread

When you configure "on change" recording, there is an option to include a value when the archive starts and / or a value when the archive is saved.

With triggered recording, this option does not exist, and if you don't generate a trigger, you will not have a value in the basic archive, and as a result an invalid value in the following archive.

In the options tab of the archive, you can configure in which cases a value should be taken over in the following archive. You could exclude INVALID here.

To me it sounds a bit like that an INVALID value would be common in your case, whereas this should be the (rare) exception?

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: historian configuration

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick reply

I have already set in the options tab of the archive in which cases a value should be taken over in the following archive, but it doesn´t work. I have set a SPONT value with a 'green 1' and a 'INVALID' value with a 'red 1' but I still have INVALID values in my following archive.

I tried to check what you told me about configuring the archive "on change" recordind, but I don´t see any possibility to include a value when the archive starts and / or a value when the archive is saved.

Please, find attached the screenshots of my configuration.

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Best regards,
    Luc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot1.png   Screenshot2.png  

Default Re: historian configuration

Hi Luc,

What I meant was the setting "Prozessabbild beim Start speichern". When this option is activated, when using the scan type "Wertaufzeichnung bei Wertänderung", every time a new archive is created (after the previous archive is saved) the current value will be recorded.

This way, even when there is no value change, there is at least one value in the archive, which can than be taken over in the following archive.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: historian configuration

Hi Mark,

Related to your last post, I still cannot avoid the invalid values in the archive. Every time I opened the archive, with the configuration that you have told me, the are invalid values in it...

Another question that I have is about the recipe group manager (sorry if it´s not the correct thread). I have two recipe groups, and each group will have some different recipes. I need to connect the recipe number with a variable from the PLC, but I don´t know how to do that.

As recipe table I have made a report. I can read the values from the recipe in the report (for example, the recipe number). But if I try to write in the report this same value that I have already read in a variable, it´s not possible.

Maybe there is another way to take the recipe number and save it in a variable but I cannot find it.

Could you help me?

Thank you,
    Kind regards,
    Luc

Default Addition of many cells within Report Generator

Hallo Marc,

I have one question referring the sumary of many cells within report generator.

I get from the archiv many values written into the cells. The next step I have to do is the addition of the big amount of values, nearly 20000 cells. But I don't know how many values from archive are written into the cells (the range for addition) within the report generator. For that reason I add all the values from the first cell up to the last one in the report.

The result is that the report is very slow, or even it´s not opened in the runtime.

Could you help me?
    Thank you
    Kind regards,
    Luc