Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Default Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Hello!
    I have a problem
    Why when I try to debug the project under the VSTA 7.10 in case of Windows 8 x64 pops up a message:
    Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Thank you!

Default Re: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Hi Natali,

Does this error also occur on another system?

Can you explain a bit more about the issue?

Is this in regard to the WorkspaceAddin, or is this in regard to the ProjectAddin?

When it concerns the ProjectAddin, how do you start the debugging?
    From the VSTA IDE in the editor, or by opening the VSTA IDE in the runtime and start debugging?

Such an error may appear when assembly is not found. Normally, when you start debugging your VSTA code, the current assembly is unloaded and a debug assembly is loaded.

It may therefore also be that something is not quite right in the project properties of either the WorkspaceAddin or the ProjectAddin, in the compiler settings.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default Re: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Hello, this is my problem, i just ask Nataly to send it to you when I was out of office. Let's problem, descripted by Natali is problem#1.

I think, problem is near to another one I found on same system (problem#2):
    When I change vsta ProjectAddin in editor, then build it and create changed runtime files in output window I don't see vsta.zip change. If I go to editor zenOn\system folder I can see changes in files inside VSTA folder, but vsta.zip file remains unchanged. So changes don't come into runtime before I manually create vsta.zip file.

problems exist no matter is it 32 or 64-bit version of editor.
    vsta.zip doesn't updating even if I call create all runtime files command...
    Regards,
    Andrey

Hello Andrey,

I'm pretty sure these two issues are related. Unless there is an obvious error message in the diagnosis viewer for the editor, at the moment I don't have any idea what could be causing this. It may be project related, or PC related, or something else.

Do you have this with all projects or only with a specific project?

Do you have this issue on several PCs or just a specifc PC?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi, Mark.

I have one error message in diagnostic viewer. It is in attachement.
    I get such problems on each problem on my problem laptop.
    If I work with same projects on other PC under Window 7 x86 everithing is Ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Andrey

Hi Andrey,

Unfortunately the error message does not help much. It could be a over-zealous antivirus software that is somewow blocking the extraction or compression of the zip file, or the contents with the projectaddin.dll.

Or on this specific system something is wrong with the VSTA installation. You could try and re-install VSTA from the zenon DVD, or try and repair the VSTA installation.

Other than that, I have no further ideas with the information provided.

Best regards,
    Mark

martins Gast

Default AW: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

hi,

the IPC error message and the message from the diagnosis viewer means that zenon tried to open the VSTA IDE by calling the corresponding function via remoting into the VSTAIntegration.dll and that went wrong.

To find out why is difficult - could be an error during installation of the setup, could be that the IDE was not installed correctly, the VSTAIntegration.dll being corrupted or locked by an antivirus or something similar. One thing you can try is to reinstall the VSTA SDK on the DVD and see if that helps.

best regards,
    Martin

martins Gast

Default AW: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

hi,

we had that problem just a few minutes ago here in Seoul and fixed it by reinstalling the VSTA SDK from the DVD with disabled virus scanner - problem solved.

Maybe it helps somebody in the future as well.

best regards,
    Martin

Another possible reason of problems is inconsistency between zenon project ID and VSTA project id.
    Last edited by stolyarov_as : 22nd April 2014 at 07:48
    Regards,
    Andrey

Default AW: Re: Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified

Quote Originally Posted by stolyarov_as View Post
    Another possible reason of problems is inconsistency between zenon project ID and VSTA project id.
    To check this please see:
    http://www.copadata.com/forums/showt...ight=vsta+copy