Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Drive, Dir and File List Box

Default Drive, Dir and File List Box

Hello,
    I would like to create the typical "Windows Explorer" in Zenon.
    I tried to find the VBA controls: Drivelistbox, DirListBox and FileListBox but there is no way to find them.
    Could you say me how can I do it? Or if there is another way without VBA? Or both ways??
    Thanks a lot.

Default Re: Drive, Dir and File List Box

Hi rgv0021,

Can you tell me what you are trying to do? Why do you need the windows explorer in VBA?

What are you trying to do with VBA that cannot be done with standard functions?

Best regards,
    Mar

Hello Mar,

What I want is to discover all the options that I have.
    In this case for example what I want is....

I want to open one picture (for example) in my program. So, the first what I want is to select the disc where I have this picture, later select the folder where it is and finally have a previow of this picture before opening it.

Maybe it is possible to do it without VBA.

Do you understand the question??

Thanks.

Roberto

Hi Roberto,

Could you explain a bit more why you want to open the picture? What should happen with the picture once you have opened it?

What is the purpose of opening this picture in the runtime?

Why do you need the preview? And why do you need the user to select the screen?

I'm sure this can be done somehow, if not easily with VBA perhaps then with VSTA. But this has nothing to do with zenon itself.

Sorry for asking these questions, but I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to do and why

Best regards,
    Mark

Daumen hoch Re: Drive, Dir and File List Box

Hello Mark,

Do not worry. I say you what I want...

I want to create one page in my program for ¨fast reports¨. It means, if the operator of the line sees one error in the producte, he/she must fill this report and print this page.
    In the report there should be: explanation of the error, name of the operator... and picture of the error.
    To add this picture in the report, the operator must press the square belongs to the picture. When the operator presses this button, one popup screen appears with one explorer to find the picture. Besides I want the preview of the picture to ensure that the operator selects the good picture. When he/she has the good picture, he must press OK to confirm the picture and the picture must be copied automatically to the report.

Is it more clear now??

Maybe is possible to do it faster with VSTA or another way. But I do not know...

Thanks

Roberto.

Hi Roberto,

That sounds like an interesting application

How are these pictures taken? Do they perhaps have an automatic naming scheme that allows you to determine which picture should be attached, based on the name? Or perhaps the timestamp can be used to automatically attach the correct picture?

I'm not saying, don't try to develop a windows like explorer with preview for the operator to select a screen, I'm just trying to think of easier alternatives that leave less room for error or possible malicious action.

In regard to a explorer like window with a graphics preview in VBA, it may be an idea to search the internet for Microsoft Office VBA websites where such an example may already exist.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello Mark again,

What i want is if there is a mistake in production, the worker takes a picture of the mistake and later with one Flash USB, SD card, or whatever, he/she introduces the picture.
    I DO NOT KNOW what can be the best option. I just want to know if you can give me one good solution

Thanks a lot.

Roberto.

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the feedback. I did not realize taking the photos was a manual process with a camera that only later is connected.

There are probably a few different ways how you could solve this.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but you could try and read all the graphic files from a known location, and allow the user in the VBA form to click "next" / "previous" where you change the picture displayed in the form.

Once the correct picture is found, you could allow the user to continue with the report, and perhaps provide an option to delete the remaining pictures on the drive.

One thing that you also may want to consider is the possible security risk you introduce through the removable storage from the camera. It may be OK if the camera and the storage card never leave the site, and no other storage card is allowed into the system, but this is something to consider.

Best regards,
    Mark