Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Siemens S7 drivers

Default Siemens S7 drivers

Good morning

We use Zenon 7 to visualize the data points of two Siemens S7 PLCs. We use TCP/IP adapters to connect them to the network. While we can map all data types, inputs, outputs and markers on one of the drivers, we can only map markers on the other. When we look at the configuration files of the drivers one instantly notices the difference in the [FETCH_HWx] entries.

first driver file:
    [FETCH_HW1]
    [FETCH_HW2]
    [FETCH_HW0]

second driver file:
    [FETCH_HW0]

The second driver only maps markers. Now before I edit (adding the other two [FETCH_HWx] entries) the second file and risk a system failure, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Attached you'll find a screenshot of both configuration files.

Any suggestions or answers are welcome. I look foward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Siemens S7 drivers.jpg  

Default Siemens S7 drivers

Good morning

We use Zenon 7 to visualize the data points of two Siemens S7 PLCs. We use TCP/IP adapters to connect them to the network. While we can map all data types, inputs, outputs and markers on one of the drivers, we can only map markers on the other. When we look at the configuration files of the drivers one instantly notices the difference in the [FETCH_HWx] entries.

first driver file:
    [FETCH_HW1]
    [FETCH_HW2]
    [FETCH_HW0]

second driver file:
    [FETCH_HW0]

The second driver only maps markers. Now before I edit (adding the other two [FETCH_HWx] entries) the second file and risk a system failure, I'd like to hear your opinion.

Attached you'll find a screenshot of both configuration files.

Any suggestions or answers are welcome. I look foward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
    Martin

Default Re: Siemens S7 drivers

Hello again

I have tried adding the supposedly missing entries (thought I might as well try it):

[FETCH_HW1]
    [FETCH_HW2]

But this had no effect whatsoever. So I changed them back.

When I look a the diagnosis viewer I get the following error messages (caused by the second S7 driver):

Error Read - HW:0 Kennung:129 DB:0 OFF:1 Count:21 Error:1
    Error Read - HW:0 Kennung:129 DB:0 OFF:1 Count:21 Error:wrong length

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Regards,
    Martin

Those driver configuration files must not be edited from outside (i.e. via notepad).
    If you have i.e. S7 TCP driver its confiuration is held in such a configuration file. For each S7 TCP driver you have per default it own driver configuratin file.

As you can configure several connections with a S7 TCP driver this is also reflected in this file. each connection within a driver is distinguised via the Net-Address (in the file this is the index behind FETCH_HW....). So if you have i.e. a connection configured with the Net-Address 12 you have the entry FETCH_HW12. For the variables on this driver the Net-Address is used to distinguish on which connection within the driver the should communicate.

So, if you have to make changes within the driver do this via the zenon Editor (driver/variable configuration) and not directly at the driver configuration file.

regards,
    herbert

Hi Martin,

In regard to the error message from the diagnosis server logs, it seems that you are trying to read from the PLC data block "0" with a starting offset 1 and 21 bytes.

It is most likely, that the datablock number is not correctly set at the variables.

How were these variables created in the zenon Project? Did you use the Step7 import function in the editor?

Best regards,
    Mark

Thanks Herbert and Mark for your answers.

I have manually entered those variables and yes I didn't think it was a good idea I altered those two configuration files. But I saved a copy of the original and stored them back (after the alteration had not been successful).

I have another look at the variables, but I also wonder why I can map markers and DBs but not inputs and outputs.

I'll get back about it shortly.

I wish you both a sunny weekend!

Cheers!
    Martin

both drivers got the same net address, 0. Attached you'll find screen shots of both drivers' settings and an example of a respective output variable.

Folie1.jpg shows the driver that does not map output and inputs, while Folie2.jpg shows the one that does.

Thanks for your patience.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Folie1.JPG   Folie2.JPG  

Hi Martin,

Just from the screenshots of the driver configuration, and the variable configuration, I cannot see any issues.

Perhaps you can create a new test project with only one driver that communicates to a single output variable, to see if that works and if not, check the diagnosis logfiles for more information?

What runtime license are you using on the runtime computer? Is this a zenon operator license?

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello Mark

Thank you for your help. I must admit I'm not sure what license we got. I just had a look at the certificate and this tells me the following: ZSU7-DEV-2048, Zenon 7.00 Editor and Runtime.

The interessting thing is that one of the drivers maps all physical data points, and the other does not.

I might have to install a demo version on a second computer as I can't really stop our live project (as we use it to collect data for billing electricity, gas and air supply).

I'll get back to you.

Cheers!
    Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback. The zenon supervisor has no limitations in terms of the number of drivers that can be used.

Yes if your system is in production it may be best to setup a separate test environment to do some tests.

Best regards,
    mark