Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Remanence of the internal variables

Default Remanence of the internal variables

Hi
    It is necessary to set initial value of the internal variable and later let the operator change and keep its changes. I see the manual Variable -> Internal variable -> Remanence.

Off: When starting Runtime, the alternate value of the variable or an empty string for string variables is used as the current value
    Initial value: The current value is the value entered in the property “Initial value”
    Remanent: The last value of the variable is used as the current value when restarting the Runtime.

In result:
    Intial value: Сan set initial value, but can't keep its changes.
    Remanent: Сan't set initial value, but can keep its changes.
    Is there no way both initialize and keep changes of the value of the internal variable?

BR, Andrey

Default Re: Remanence of the internal variables

Set those internal variables to remanent and then enter the desired value in the runtime. on closing the zenon runtime those values will be written into a file (internvar.bin) on next runtime start those values will be reloaded.

Having both options acitve at the same time would not make sense because on a runtime start which should be then taken? the intial value or the value which was saved on the previous closing of the runtime?

regards,
    herbert

Quote Originally Posted by herberto View Post
    Set those internal variables to remanent and then enter the desired value in the runtime...
    I have a lot of such variables. About 300 ones. And setting initial value of the those variables in runtime is so long. In editor I can group some similiar variables and then set initial values so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by herberto View Post
    Having both options acitve at the same time would not make sense because on a runtime start which should be then taken? the intial value or the value which was saved on the previous closing of the runtime?
    It is just simple. At first start should be taken initial values. At the second and so on values which were saved on the previous closing of the runtime should be taken.
    Last edited by andrey_k : 17th October 2013 at 10:45

I have a lot of such variables. About 300 ones. And setting initial value of the those variables in runtime is so long. In editor I can group some similiar variables and then set initial values so easy.
    to have those variables in a list in the runtime you can use the screen type "variable diagnosis"... put the desired variables into the screen switch function...
    It is just simple.
    -> yes... it is
    -> Manual -> Variables -> Screen Variable diagnosis

regards,
    herbert

In 'variable diagnosis screen' I can change value of the variables only by one. Not by group or by selection. Am I right?

Hi Andrey_K,

What you could do is create a recipe from the standard recipes or from the recipe group manager, in the editor. Then add all the variables and set the initial values here. You would leave the setting for the internal variables at "remanence"

Then e.g. on a maintenance page you can place a button to load the default initial values, by writing the recipe.

You can do this once after commissioning, or if the user completely stuffed up the internal variables, repeat the step at any desired time.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: Remanence of the internal variables

Hi,
    another solution would be to set the variables to "initial value" and set the values in the editor. Then right after starting the runtime, change the variables to remanent and reload the runtime.
    cheers

Default Re: AW: Remanence of the internal variables

Would be better if behavior of the remanence was like this.
    Legenda. "Initalized" is zenon "Initial value", "None" is zenon "Off", "Saved" is zenon "Remanent". "Saved Or Initalized" is very useful thing. I said about it.

Screen shot from another HMI SCADA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  
    BR, Andrey K.