Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Re: Pop up screen

Default Re: Pop up screen

Hi
    I have a project with two monitors. On the first screen redrawn the main circuit, the second monitor displays CEL, AML, trend. AML is opened on the second monitor every time a new alarm is generated. When I have an accident, there is a lot of alarm events and AML constantly redrawn.
    How do I make it so that, if the AML is already open on the second monitor, then when a new alarm appears, AML did not redrawn again?
    Last edited by prokopjev : 29th September 2013 at 09:10

Hi prokopjev,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forum!

I guess that you are opening the alarm screen on the second monitor every time an alarm occurs, and that this causes the alarm screen to be redrawn?

With the default settings, the alarm screen is automatically updated, and you don't need to reopen the screen every time an alarm occurs.

What you could do is open the alarm screen on the second monitor only when it is not already open.

So e.g. link a "screen active" variable at the alarm screen. Then create the system driver variable for the number of active alarms.

Link these two variables together in a mathematics diver formula where number of alarms >0 and the screen active variable <> 0.

Then based on the mathematics driver variable value, open the alarm screen with a function linked at the limit.

This way, the alarm screen would only be opened when there are alarms, and the screen is not already open.

I hope this helps and I understood your question correctly

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi
    Thank you, everything works. We only used unacknowledged variable instead of number of alarms