Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dnp3

Ausrufezeichen Dnp3

Hi,

We use Zenon energy version 7.0

My question is about when I lose the connection between SCADA-PLC. And meanwhile events were done in PLC .When I get back the connection, how Zenon get these events? Or are automatically polling?
    How come that in chronologic event list I have events time from the computer and not from PLC ?

All my best wishes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DNP3_PLC.jpg   Time_SCADA_PLCjpg.jpg  

Default Re: Dnp3

Hi xeren,

Which DNP3 driver are you using? The DNP332 driver, or the new DNP3_NG driver?

Officially the DNP3_NG driver is released with zenon 7.10, but it is possible to use the DNP3_NG driver also with zenon version 7.0.

Also, which build for version 7 are you using? You may need to update to the latest build for version 7.

According to your screenshot, the slave sends all events for binary inputs, and sends the events in class 1, with a timestamp.

I'm not sure what you are trying to show with the second screenshot.

What you see in the event list, may be the value that is retrieved through the Class 0 poll. That value may not contain a timestamp and is therefore stamped by the runtime after it was received.

Try setting a different time filter in the event list, that also includes some time in the future. E.g. from yesterday to tomorrow. Perhaps the events are captured and stored in the event list, but with an incorrect time from the outstation, that could also be in the future.

In the driver configuration, is the option to use UTC time acitve? Does the outstation also use UTC time?

Best regards,
    Mark

DNP332 where i cam find link to download DNP3_NG and how to updated to Zenon 7.0 SP0 Build4
    when a the second screenshot, i just show that PLC and Zenon have a different time. and outstation also use UTC time.
    So, if i understand correctly, the CEL and alarms list should show the time stamp and i dont have to use something like Reaction matrix for example to implant that.

Hi xeren,

Yes, the alarm list and event list should show the timestamp.

When the DNP object that is received contains a timestamp, this timestamp will be used for the variable in zenon, and can be seen e.g. in the event list and alarm list, when for this change an alarm is generated or an event is created. To create an alarm or event, you can either use a limit, or a reaction matrix.

The timestamp can also be seen e.g. in the variable diagnosis screen, or in the historian.

When the DNP object that is received does not contain a timestamp, the zenon driver will use the local time to generate a timestamp at the moment the DNP object is received.

If you would like to switch to the DNP3_NG driver, I would recommend an update to the current zenon version 7.10.

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank you Mark, with DNP332 and Zenon 7.0 SP0 Build 4
    how i can have a feed back about my TCP/IP connection, i would like to use a Driver Variable, but seems. I can not find Driver Variable that show that i lost my TCP/IP connection!
    it's all about modem connection.
    i look in documentation and i find variable but when i remove the TCP/IP connection nothing happen
    LineStateUnknow BOOL 24.15 Connection status unknown.
    How i can control and show my connection with DNP332?

Hi xeren,

This can be easily done through the zenon status processing. Every variable in zenon, in addition to a value and a timestamp, has 64 status bits.

The status bit "INVALID" is used by all drivers to indicate a communication problem with the PLC / RTU, and can be evaluated through a reaction matrix. You can generate an alarm for example when the INVALID bit for one of the variables for a driver / connection in the driver, is TRUE.

Best regards,
    Mark

Marvellous, thank you so much , i use reaction matrix to generate alarms, but i never use 64 status bits, just maybe because i don't know how to use them.
    Now , I have this question: I know that RTU(PLC) send me TampStamp with milliseconds but in Event list(CEL) or alarms list i have only time without milliseconds, it's just Zenon that can not show millisecond or it's something missing in my configuration?
    Thanks a lot,
    Xeren

Hi Xeren,

Please have a look at the configuration parameters of the screen switch function that opens the alarm list or the event list. On the tab for the column configuration, there should be a checkbox to also display milliseconds for the timestamp

Best regards,
    Mark

Thank you Mark, obviously, it's easy when you know where to lock.
    about DNP332, i have the PLC that send me analog value every 10 second, how i can show this value in CEL? as i try with limit but it's showed only one time! and idea, please?
    Best regards,
    Xeren

Hi Xeren,

It is possible, but I wonder why you would want to do that?

You can use a reaction matrix (numeric) instead of a limit. In the reaction matrix, create a status, set the value to "ANY" and set the checkbox "treat each change as a new limit violation", and the "in Chronological Event List" checkbox.

As a final step, you then link this reaction matrix to the variable, instead of the limit.

Best regards,
    Mark