Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Domain user with MAN profile

Default Domain user with MAN profile

dear Support,

We are using the V7.0 with MS Server2008 for all servers and clients. The windows users are all managed by a domain but are predefined and have standard user securities and windows privlledges per computer.

The Editor and Runtime (on different computers) can not be opened/started as soon as the domain profile is changed from ".DAT" to ".MAN" mandatory. The window "Waiting for zenAdminSrv" remains permanently open and never ends. Please see the attached diagnostics as far as what I think could be relevant to help solve this problem.

I would be greatful for any suggestions...

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SICAM230_Domain_profile.MAN-problem.pdf  

Default Re: Domain user with MAN profile

Hi sicam_user,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum

Without proper access to the zenAdminSrv both the Runtime and the Editor will not work.

When you rename the ntuser.man file back to ntuser.dat, does it work again?

I'm not aware of any issues why the zenAdminSrv as a normal Windows service, would not work with a mandatory roaming profile. Changes would still be possible, just not updated in the mandatory roaming profile.

Or is the ntuser.man a new file, provided by the Administrator, and not the previous ntuser.dat with which the zenAdminSrv worked?

On a side note, I'm not sure if the forum is the best place to discuss your issue. It may be better to put this through the official support channel by contacting your local COPA-DATA support or probably Siemens Energy support, judging by your user name

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: Domain user with MAN profile

Hello Mark and others,

Without proper access to the zenAdminSrv both the Runtime and the Editor will not work.
    When you rename the ntuser.man file back to ntuser.dat, does it work again?
    => YES is does work without any problems, tried it several times back-and-forth.

I'm not aware of any issues why the zenAdminSrv as a normal Windows service, would not work with a mandatory roaming profile. Changes would still be possible, just not updated in the mandatory roaming profile.
    => The zenAdminSrv is started and running as shown in Taskmanager and the services.msc.

Or is the ntuser.man a new file, provided by the Administrator, and not the previous ntuser.dat with which the zenAdminSrv worked?
    => The profile is simple made MANDATORY by - logging the user off, as local Administrator renaming the c:\Users\\ntuser.DAT to ntuser.MAN of the respective user, logging the user back on and then starting the Runtime. The message box "Please wait for the service zenAdminSrv to start" is then shown and never goes away. Changing the ntuser.MAN to ntuser.DAT results in the Runtime starting without any problems.

On a side note, I'm not sure if the forum is the best place to discuss your issue. It may be better to put this through the official support channel by contacting your local COPA-DATA support or probably Siemens Energy support, judging by your user name
    => You are correct about me being Siemens Energy however in a desperate attempt to get help/advice about this problem as no help was provided from Siemens support "answered that they do not use Domains with .MAN profiles", I have posted it here and would be grateful if anyone can confirm my problem and provide a solution.

Thank you.

Default Re: Domain user with MAN profile

Hi sicam_user,

Have you tried restarting the system after renaming the .dat file to .man?
    The zenAdminSrv communicates with the other processes via the local TCP port 50777.

best regards,
    Mark