Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Setting for Restoring PLC Value.

Default Setting for Restoring PLC Value.

Dear All,

I need your expert help on following customer requirement.

Customer want to see updated analog values and reports on run time , not a previous restored values when there is some system problem.

Could you please help me on following Zenon setting.

1) Where we are defining scan time for variable .

2) Where is the option in Zenon software where we are selecting option to show Previous restored value on Run time.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
    Navneet, Ramesh

Default Re: Setting for Restoring PLC Value.

Hello,

In general, Historian module manages automatically the display of online (i.e. live) and historical (i.e. older) data in runtime. Access to live/historical data is distinguished easily by setting a time filter (i.e. display only last hour).

1) Where we are defining scan time for variable .
    Nevertheless, it is possible to display only online data without the need of historian by using the variable property Harddisk data storage. With it is possible to define the Cycle time [s] and the Number of values to be recorded, which can be used, for example, in Trend Element or in a Extended Trend screen with Online data selected. > Please check Screen switch function configurations for Extend Trend screen.

Historian module allows more options regarding scan time, like different types of scan: Cyclic, even-triggered or on-change scan.

2) Where is the option in Zenon software where we are selecting option to show Previous restored value on Run time.
    Like I wrote before, via Historian this is managed automatically - you just need to define a time filter.

Documentation hints:

Manual > Extend Trend > Engineering in the Editor > Creating a new diagram
    Manual > Historian

Best regards,
    DC

Thanks David for your quick replay.

We have tried and checked both options.

Following are our observation.

1) Where we are defining scan time for variable.

In variable property> Harddisk data storage>= We have changed Cycle time, Numbers of values and checked (with 4 to 5 different times and values option.) if that variable scan time (Update time) is changing or not. We could not see any changes (update) on that variable in run time. Could you please give us more detail on this.

Do we have any other option to select this Previous restored value because in my project we are not using any trends. can we do it for individual variable.

Best Regards,
    Ramesh and Navneet

Dear Ramesh and Navaneet,

Would you care to explain a bit more what you mean exactly with the scan time for the variable, and what you want to do with it? I guess there could be a misunderstanding here.

Please also provide some more information on what you mean exactly with "show previous restored value" and what you intend to do with that.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Currently we are doing one project; we have developed more that 100 Screens (Graphics) in Zenon Editor.

In our project we have added "Numeric Value" to see analog values in run time.

As you know, this numeric values are showing temperature values, pressure values etc. in runtime with linking of analog variable tags.

Currently we have default facility to see small red square (top right side) on each numeric value if there is communication error.

Customer is demanding that instead of that small red square, he want to see "-----" in this each numeric value. He wants to see same in Report values as well.

If you see my pervious email, I thought if I could get “Scan time setting” and “Restored value setting” then we may get option to achieve this custom customer achievement.

I hope now you will be clear with customer custom requirement. Also please let me know if you need any more information.

Please let me know if you have any other way as well to solve this problem.

Regards,
    Ramesh, Navaneet

Dear Navaneet,

Thanks for the explanation of your customer's request.

The numerical value cannot display "---" instead of the last known value, when there is a communication error.

For your numerical elements in your screen, what may be able to do is place a text element on top of the numerical element, that shows "---", which is invisible by default and becomes visible when there is a communication interruption.

For your report, you would have to evaluate the variable status and replace the value with "---" in case there is a communication error.

Unfortunately, I still don't know what you mean with "scan time setting" and "restored value setting".

Best regards,
    Mark