Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Multitouch under Windows 8 reactivity

Default Multitouch under Windows 8 reactivity

Hello, support team!

We try to use 7.1 multi-touch functions using my Windows 8 laptop (Asus TX300CA).
    We turn-on WIndows 8 Multi-Touch recognition in project options. and select Worldwide screen call on start of double-sized target screen. As result Interaction-Manupulation group of target screent was activated, and in runtime I get an native ability to use move and zoom gestures without any code.

But reactivity of such multi-touch is not impressive. After starting gesture is about 1 second delay before any reaction of target screen (so it is very far from native multitouch of windows 8 on my laptop).

Is there some way to increase responsibility of multitouch?
    Regards,
    Andrey

Default AW: Multitouch under Windows 8 reactivity

hello stolyarov_as,
    do you have a lot of elements on the world view screen? Which kinds of elements are you using. Also, what setting do you use at "Graphics Quality" in the project´s properties?
    I experienced bad performance with complex WPF elements and when the graphic quality was set to "Dirext X hardware" although the PC didn´t have direct X 11.

Default Re: AW: Multitouch under Windows 8 reactivity

Hello, alexf,

Yes, my screen is not as simple as possible. I have a lot of symbols, ALC-active-lines and so on.
    But I have not WPF elements.
    If I replace my screen with simplified one, responsibility getting much better then when I use original screen.

Unfortunately, multitouch move and scale is much more useful for complex screens with world view...

Question is - is Windows 8 build-in gesture actions as fast as possible or in hard cases it is better to use VSTA and manual windows management?
    Regards,
    Andrey

martins Gast

Default AW: Re: AW: Multitouch under Windows 8 reactivity

Quote Originally Posted by stolyarov_as View Post

Question is - is Windows 8 build-in gesture actions as fast as possible or in hard cases it is better to use VSTA and manual windows management?
    hi,

what zenon basically does with the Windows 8 touch events in VSTA is: routing them through, just the way they are. Gathering the needed information in VSTA and then modifying the screen is probably slower than just using the built-in functionality - zenon does it in native code, VSTA is managed code running inside of the .NET Framework CLR.

However, of course you can try and use VSTA, although I don't believe it is going to be faster. Another thing could be to try and use different graphics quality, e.g. trying Windows Enhanced instead of DirectX (by the way, try to avoid DirectX software in combination with multitouch, because software rendering takes CPU power - as well as multitouch )

best regards,
    Martin