Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Communication Failure Indication

Default Communication Failure Indication

Dear all,
    I have a Bool variable for Communication status.
    If Communication failed then Bool value = 0 otherwise 1.
    Our field device is holding the last values even in communication failed condition.
    But we have to change the values to ***** or in some different characters in SCADA side while communication failed (If Bool value =0).
    Can you please explain how to do this?

Default Re: Communication Failure Indication

Hi,

What you could do is use the recipe group manager, and change all the relevant variables to the alternate value by writing a recipe, when your boolean variable indicating the communication error is "1", and switch back to spontaneous value using a different recipe, when the communication error is resolved again.

Note, that integer values in a numerical value element would not be able to display "***" but when the variable is switched to the alternate value, a red square can be displayed at the element. You can also specify the alternate value to e.g. a value that is not in the normal range.

Best regards,
    Mark

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply.
    According to your instruction I tried with recipe group manager. But I didn't get the result. I don't know whether I used recipe group manager correctly or not. Please find the snaps and let me know where I did mistakes after understanding my following instructions.

1) I tested with PLC using only five field variables (Driver: Modbus RTU and Open Modbus TCP) and one internal Bool variable.
    2) I created a Recipe with the 5 variables and set values as -9999 (Ref: Snap-1)
    3) I created a Standard Function to call the Recipe with "Send values" action. (Ref: Snap-1, Snap-2)
    4) I assigned the function to the internal Bool variable at limit 1 for testing purpose. ( When the Bool value = 1 then it will call Recipe ant set values -9999 to the variables). (Ref: Snap-4).

Query:1
    If the bool value = 1 then there is no changes in field variable values (Ref: Snap-5). It wants to set the values as -9999. Am I correct...? If it is ok then what may be the mistake..?
    Query:2
    If I set the values to the variables (when Bool value = 1) then how can I achieve the PLC values again (when Bool value = 0). Do I need create a another function with same recipe and action as a "Read Values"...? or Do I need to create a different recipe (with the same 5 variables) and different function for this recipe with the action of "Read values"....?

Please find the project back-up also and let me know where I am doing mistakes.

Best Regards,
    A.Navaneet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snap-1.jpg   Snap-2.jpg   Snap-3.jpg   Snap-4.jpg   Snap-5.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi A.Navaneet,

I had a quick look at the project backup.

You have setup your boolean variable and the limit OK.

However, you have used the standard recipes module, and not the optional recipe group manager module.

In the recipe group manager module, it is possible to change the action type to "switch to and modify alternate value"

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot444.png
Views:	31
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1202

When you want to switch back to the PLC value, you execute another recipe, with the action type set to "switch to spontaneous value"

Name:	ScreenShot443.png
Views:	16
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1203

Depending on your license, you may not have the recipe group manager available in your editor.

I hope this is helpful
    Best regards,
    Mark

Dear markclemens,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I understood now, I was trying with standard recipe not with Recipegroup manager.

I created a recipegroup manager with two recipes like what you have mentioned in snaps.
    But when I am trying to create a function to call the recipegroup, there are so many options like "Write Recipe" and "Read Recipe" etc.
    Which option do i have to select for write recipe values to field variable and switch over to the PLC values..?
    I read some points in Help file about "Shadow variable". Do I need do that here..? Please let me know what is that options. Because I don't understand clearly what is the use of that.
    I tried with create a function with different options and doing with "shadow variable" also. Still I am struggling to use the Recipegroup manager.
    Please clear the steps to achieve my target...

Thanks and Regards,
    A.Navaneet.

Hi A.Navaneet,

In this case you need two recipegroupmanager functions with the option "write" to execute each recipe.

The Recipe Group Manager has many more options, which you don't need for your specific requirement. Shadow variables are also not required in this case.

Don't dispair and just give it another try Feel free to post your sample project here, if it doesn't work!

Best regards,
    Mark

Hi markclemens,

Thank you for your guiding.
    Please find my attached Zenon back-up.
    I created two functions for alternate value and PLC value. I assigned these functions to Communication Status Bit limits. Even It is not working. Please guide me after seeing my back-up.

Best Regards,
    A.Navaneet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dear Navaneet,

When you uncheck the boxes in "rt changeable data" then it should work

Name:	ScreenShot449.png
Views:	32
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1209

Name:	ScreenShot450.png
Views:	15
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	1210

Best regards,
    Mark

Dear Mark,

Thank you. It is working now.

But, is it possible to do with some other way..? Because we are having only 2 licenses with Recipegroup manager. Other licenses are not having Recipegroup manager.

Otherwise if it is possible to achieve the following then also ok.
    Displaying the comm status on the screen is ok by using visibility property i can do. But at the time of comm failure status i need to change the values on report viewer. How can we achieve this without recipegroup...? Please guide me if it is possible.

Best Regards,
    A.Navaneet.

Default AW: Communication Failure Indication

In Report Generator you can also read, Display and use the State of a Variable. With this possibility in combination with perhaps the if() Statement you can Show alternate Strings instead of the value of a Variable when the communication breaks down.