Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Using VSTA instead VBA V.6

Frage Using VSTA instead VBA V.6

Hello.
    I little confuse, because VBA Ver. 6 is deprecated MS technology. And MS suggest use VBA.NET, but in Zenon in most case i can't full functional replace VBA to new supper-puper .NET.
    Besides, in 64bit system some code not work properly, ActiveX Listview control not available.
    If you want use Event handler, for example left mouse click, Zenon show only list of VBA scripts.
    I can use action "execute function" and select VSTA macro, but this is macro call without parameter, such as Element.
    Can I call VSTA macro from legacy VBA?And in this way implement wrapper for Zenon?
    PS All above for Zenon 7.10 SP0.
    Last edited by hyper_sonic : 27th August 2013 at 11:30 Reason: add Zenon version

Default Re: Using VSTA instead VBA V.6

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_sonic View Post
    Hello.
    I little confuse, because VBA Ver. 6 is deprecated MS technology. And MS suggest use VBA.NET, but in Zenon in most case i can't full functional replace VBA to new supper-puper .NET.
    Besides, in 64bit system some code not work properly, ActiveX Listview control not available.
    If you want use Event handler, for example left mouse click, Zenon show only list of VBA scripts.
    I can use action "execute function" and select VSTA macro, but this is macro call without parameter, such as Element.
    Can I call VSTA macro from legacy VBA?And in this way implement wrapper for Zenon?
    PS All above for Zenon 7.10 SP0.
    May be i found answer for my question here:
    http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400

josefm Gast

Hi,

this might be a weird workaround, but I know that it is possible to call "zenon functions" via VBA. So you can create a zenon function to call a VSTA macro and this function can be called via VBA and the linked VBA Event for example "LeftMouseUp", etc.

Maybe this could help you.

With best regards,
    Josef

Hi hyper_sonic,

The post you are referring to shows an example of the VSTA events for the DynPictures object. While it is not 100% identical with how you react on and use button events in VBA, the outcome can be the same using VSTA.

I would try and use the VSTA events rather than mixing VBA and VSTA and executing a function to execute a VSTA macro.

Best regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi hyper_sonic,

The post you are referring to shows an example of the VSTA events for the DynPictures object. While it is not 100% identical with how you react on and use button events in VBA, the outcome can be the same using VSTA.

I would try and use the VSTA events rather than mixing VBA and VSTA and executing a function to execute a VSTA macro.

Best regards,
    Mark
    Thank your answer, I'm choose with decision VSTA events. You're right handlers implementation do in some other way, but i guess it is more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_sonic View Post
    Thank your answer, I'm choose with decision VSTA events. You're right handlers implementation do in some other way, but i guess it is more useful.
    For common case it is worked, but i can't cause event from mouse click on element in context menu. Should I use VBA?
    Last edited by hyper_sonic : 28th August 2013 at 13:03

Hi hyper_sonic,

Also in VBA you cannot specify an event for the click event on an entry of the context menu. ( you can specify the action type, and change it to a function, or e.g. a VBA macro)

What is it exactly that you would like to do in the context menu?

Best regards,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hi hyper_sonic,

Also in VBA you cannot specify an event for the click event on an entry of the context menu. ( you can specify the action type, and change it to a function, or e.g. a VBA macro)

What is it exactly that you would like to do in the context menu?

Best regards,
    Mark
    Yes, i know. But i want use VSTA to write code with some GUI forms. And most important in case action is VBA macro, you have parameter (Element) reference to graph symbol on screen: "Init_Default (obElem As Element)" .
    How i can do it in VSTA?