Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Using Straton with Zenon

yara Gast

Default Using Straton with Zenon

Hello Support,

I have number of analog readings from the field which i want to do some calculation with it, as the Zenon mathematical variables are limited i am planing to do the calculation using Straton which comes with Zenon, do i need separate Straton license, and how to start reading the variables on straton from Zenon, doing calculation and again reading the result on Zenon.

Thanks in advance

Default AW: Using Straton with Zenon

Please check the help documentation about this:
    Manual -> zenon Logic -> Basics zenon Logic Workbench (IEC 61131-3) -> Variable handling -> Using zenon variables in zenon Logic

So all you have to do is that all variables you want in in zenon Logic (straton) you set this property "Extern visible". Also create the "output" variables (on which you want then write the result of your calculation) in zenon - i.e. use internal variables. for all variables which are created in zenon in shared to zenon logic (straton) you do not need a extra licnese for this.

regards,
    herbert

Default Re: Using Straton with Zenon

Hi
    And in zenon Logic don't forget to create the straton to zenon IO driver in fieldbus configuration.
    see in Help:
    Manual -> zenon Logic -> IEC 61131-3 Programming Environment -> Fieldbus configuration -> zenon Runtime connection configuration

Markus

yara Gast

Default Re: Using Straton with Zenon

Hello,

Thank you for your support, i tested it and its working fine .

I have one more question, straton will read the analog values directly from the IED( relayRTU...etc) or zenon will poll it first and forwarded to straton??

because i have a huge data base and if straton will read it throw zenon and not directly form IED and then do the calculation and send it to zenon again i afraid to face a delay time of displaying data in zenon HMI...

The starton integrated with zenon is supporting for modbus and dnp protocols?

Thanks in advance

Default AW: Using Straton with Zenon

I have one more question, straton will read the analog values directly from the IED( relayRTU...etc) or zenon will poll it first and forwarded to straton??
    -> as you have a zenon driver which exchange the data from your plc to the zenon runtime it work like this that on a variable change (forwarded from the driver to the zenon runtime) is also forwarded then from the zenon runtime to zenon Logic (straton). there you make your desired calculation and write it to the output variable (created in zenon).

because i have a huge data base
    -> you may then have to adjust the "Max. Puffer" setting in zenon Logic (per default 1024 variables)
    -> see Manual -> zenon Logic -> zenon Logic Runtime (Soft PLC) -> User interface -> Settings -> Enhanced settings

The starton integrated with zenon is supporting for modbus and dnp protocols?
    yes, you can also make your connections to the plc via zenon logic
    -> see Manual -> zenon Logic -> zenon Logic Workbench -> IEC 61131-3 Programming Environment -> Fieldbus configuration ->
    DNP3 Master configuration
    MODBUS networking

What you have to be aware is the fact the driver connection within zenon Logic (hardware drives) need a seperate licensing (amount of tags) - because here you have to create the variables is straton and then you share this to zenon.

Imo you may want to stay at the driver connections in zenon runtime (not straton). the delay you are afraid of you will probably not recognize

Regards,
    Herbert

yara Gast

Default Re: AW: Using Straton with Zenon

Thank you for your support guys its very clear for me now