Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Embedded strings

Default Embedded strings

Hi, I'm converting a project over to Zenon. I have a combined element with 10 states in it. All the states are text. I'd like to have two of the states have embedded string in them. Is this possible? Example: text for state 4: "Open Door near and press the button ". Both "door_name" and "button_name" wold be strings coming from the PLC.

(I'm using Zenon 7.10)

Thanks,
    Denis

Default AW: Embedded strings

Hi.

Yes it is possible to have dynamic limit texts. Please check out the zenon help as shown in the screen capture, topic "dynamic limit text"
    There you will further explanations as well as examples how to configure the text to show string values dynamically.

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dynamic_limit.png  

Default Re: Embedded strings

I'm not sure how this helps. The help says it's only available for the Alarm Message List and CEL. I'm trying to get it to work in the combined elements. Like "Remove parts %string1, %string2, %string3 from the machine". the strings are built in the PLC and may be up to 82 characters long and have multiple parts indicated in each string.

Denis.

Default Re: Embedded strings

With Combi-Elements this is not possible (variables values and also limit text from variables can not be displayed). With Combi-Elements you can display a graphic, symbol from the library, static text, and symbol embedded in screens (see help documentation for more information on this).

What you can do is to use the "Dynamic text" element. This can show the limit text of the violated variable limit. Or you simply use this element to display the string from the PLC directly.

regards,
    herbert