Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Windows Form Start Position

Default Windows Form Start Position

Hello Gents,

I am using Windows Forms in Sicam230. I would like to open these forms relative to mouse. Any ideas?

Default Re: Windows Form Start Position

just a short question beforehand: what exactly do you want to display in those windows forms? external data or data which are comming from sicam?

Quote Originally Posted by herberto View Post
    just a short question beforehand: what exactly do you want to display in those windows forms? external data or data which are comming from sicam?
    Data from Sicam.

can you please tell the reason why to show this data from sicam within a "external" windows formular and not i.e. a a sicam screen type where i.e. variable values are shown in standard controls?
    furthermore: how do you programmatically access the sicam runtime? (using the internal VBA/VSTA interface or from an external application?)

regards,
    herbert

can you please tell the reason why to show this data from sicam within a "external" windows formular and not i.e. a a sicam screen type where i.e. variable values are shown in standard controls?
    furthermore: how do you programmatically access the sicam runtime? (using the internal VBA/VSTA interface or from an external application?)

regards,
    herbert
    Hi, Using standard Sicam command windows are not sufficient so i implemented already a lot of windows forms in C# and they are working.
    Also the reason to is irrelevant.
    Do you have any idea about my question?

It depends now which version you are using
    1. if you are using version >= 6.51 SP0 Build3 then you can use the event "ElementLeftButtonUp"
    -> check out the help documentation for a sample at Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Object model -> DynPictures -> ElementLeftButtonUp
    -> using this event you also get the x/y position of the element on which it was clicked (its VBA Code there but in VSTA (C#) it is more or less the same method)

2. if you are using a version <= 6.51 SP0 Build2 then you have to read the mouse pointer using Windows API Events
    -> check out this thread here http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212

So this coordinates you then have to hand over to your windows form.

regards,
    herbert

Thank you, i am using the ElementLeftButtonUp event and it is working!

It depends now which version you are using
    1. if you are using version >= 6.51 SP0 Build3 then you can use the event "ElementLeftButtonUp"
    -> check out the help documentation for a sample at Manual -> Programming interfaces -> Object model -> DynPictures -> ElementLeftButtonUp
    -> using this event you also get the x/y position of the element on which it was clicked (its VBA Code there but in VSTA (C#) it is more or less the same method)

2. if you are using a version <= 6.51 SP0 Build2 then you have to read the mouse pointer using Windows API Events
    -> check out this thread here http://www.copadata.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212

So this coordinates you then have to hand over to your windows form.

regards,
    herbert
    Hi,
    Thank you for advice i used ElementLeftButtonUp event

Thanks!