Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Ideal Configuration for Evacuating to SQL Server

Default Ideal Configuration for Evacuating to SQL Server

Hi,

I'm new to Zenon so I have a question about the ideal configuration for evacuating to an SQL database that is on a seperate computer. The setup will be that one computer will be running the Runtime Client and the Server, while another computer will have an SQL database that will receive the evacuated archives. My question is, is there any efficient setting for the savings cycle or the evacuation time to the SQL database? From my understanding, changing the saving cycle will dictate how often a new archive is made and the evacuation setting dictates how often those archives are deleted and evacuated (to SQL).

Also, is this configuration ideal or am I better off having the Runtime client running off of one computer and the Server plus the SQL database on the other?

Default Re: Ideal Configuration for Evacuating to SQL Server

The setup will be that one computer will be running the Runtime Client and the Server, while another computer will have an SQL database that will receive the evacuated archives.
    You can start the zenon Runtime (with a given project) only once on a computer. Archiving and thus also the evacuation of the archive data into a database is done only at the zenon Runtime Server (not Client). Of course you can have additional computers with zenon Runtime installed which acts as clients.

My question is, is there any efficient setting for the savings cycle or the evacuation time to the SQL database? From my understanding, changing the saving cycle will dictate how often a new archive is made and the evacuation setting dictates how often those archives are deleted and evacuated (to SQL).
    this really depends on your needs. if you want to have the archived data in the database as fast as possible you then want to define a short archive saving cycle with a storage time "0".
    FYI: for viewing archive data (i.e. with ETM) it does not matter in which form the archived data is held. Archived data can be viewed when the data is held in binary form (*.arx files) and/or in a database

You can find additional information on that in the help documentation:
    Manual -> Historian -> Engineering in the Editor -> Creating a new archive -> Save -> Evacuate

regards,
    herbert