Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Default IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Dear colleagues

I have the Problem the some Signals from a Siemens Protection Device get lost, when the are changing their values fast (0-1-0). When the Signals are delayed/extended they arrive in Zenon.
    All these Signals are in a Report, the Report are definitly activated and the Sequence number changes every time

May it's a problem of the type of the signal? Or has the performace of the PC any influence on this?

This is one Signal which gets lost:
    G1-7UM622 F321!G1_F321PROT/PTOC10/Op/general[ST]

Thanks for your help
    &
    Best regards
    karnst
    Last edited by karnst : 28th July 2013 at 14:09

Default AW: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Hello again

I found out that on the change from 0-->1 the "missing" signal is sended.
    But from 1-->0 one signal is missing.

See pic. Rep1 & Rep2

The 3 Signals are in the same Dataset.
    So the problem shoud be on the Prot. Device with my understanding !?!?

Best regards
    karnst
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rep1.png   Rep2.png  

Default Re: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Hello Karnst,

It is hard to tell for sure with just these screenshots and this information.

What I find quite strange is that one value change is reported, and another value change is not. The trigger option "dchg" does not differentiate between values.

Could you make a new test project, with same driver configuration, and just this one variable?

A wireshark capture that includes the startup of the runtime of this test project, and a few value changes, the .icd file of this device, the project backup of the test project (for the driver configuration) and the logfiles of the diagnosis server (full logging activated for the driver in the test project) would be very helpful for further analyzing this issue.

You could post it here, but it may be better to send this in via the official support channel by contacting your local COPA-DATA support.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: Re: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Quote Originally Posted by markclemens View Post
    Hello Karnst,

What I find quite strange is that one value change is reported, and another value change is not. The trigger option "dchg" does not differentiate between values.

Mark
    What I am wondering too, is that there are only 3 Tags, but the dataset consits of about 50.

I will try today to record the Wireshark file, but we are in the "hot phase" on this plant now, so it's may takes some time.

What we also found out was, when we but the Signals into the EXT/xxxGGIOxx, it's working.

Best regards
    karnst
    Last edited by karnst : 29th July 2013 at 08:39

Default Re: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Hi karnst,

Some things that you could verify in the .icd file fo the device:

- check the dataset and make sure only Data Objects are added, and no data attributes. (E.g. only "Pos" and not just "stVal" of "Pos")
    -> while it is possible to add just "stVal", which may be reasonable if the data set is just used for GOOSE messages, for the zenon driver it is necessary to add the whole data object e.g. "Pos", so that with a value change, the attributes "stVal", "q" and "t" are included in the report. The zenon driver needs a value, quality and timestamp, to build a valid value for the runtime.

- check that at the DOTypes on which the data objects are based, at the attributes e.g. "stVal", and "q", the trigger options "dchg" and "qchg" respectively are configured

- check that the reports use the trigger option "dchg"

A buffered report can or should normally only be activated by a specific PC. When you have a server and standby server, in the driver configuration and in the IED there should be separate buffered reports configured for the server and the standby server.

The report size is dynamic. It contains only those value / time / quality changes that have occurred.

One thing that I could imagine that happens is, that you receive the initial value 0 via general interrogation (gi)

Then the value changes to "1", and then the value changes to "0" again. To you it seems that the value "1" is not recognized, and that you only receive the value "0". But in fact you have onyl received the initial value "0" and no data changes at all, due to one of the mis configurations mentioned above.

Best regards,
    Mark

Default AW: IEC61850 - Problems with Reports

Good Morning

I check with IEC Browser the reports, and all attributes have been available.
    Also the trigger options have been ok.

Our solution which work's is now, that we but the Signals into the “EXT/xxxGGIOxx”.

My opinion is, the problem is in the Prot. Device, because when we extended the signal to 100ms the reports is send. I think there is a problem with the internal tasks of the device, they don't trigger the report.

Best regards